Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 12-2-22
Hit Scofield again on 12-2-22 from about 830-1300. The fishing was good but has slowed from a week ago at least where we were at. Caught multiple fish in chartreuse and white jig tipped with worms , shrimp, or wax worms. Fished in 9.3 feet of water.
(12-04-2022, 06:02 PM)Sbg89 Wrote: Hit Scofield again on 12-2-22 from about 830-1300. The fishing was good but has slowed from a week ago at least where we were at. Caught multiple fish in chartreuse and white jig tipped with worms , shrimp, or wax worms. Fished in 9.3 feet of water.

Thanks for the report, nice to have a place to go with great ice and good fishing, Were there still a lot of people on the ice while you were there? Were you dead sticking the jig or actively jigging? How thick is the ice now?
(12-04-2022, 09:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 06:02 PM)Sbg89 Wrote: Hit Scofield again on 12-2-22 from about 830-1300. The fishing was good but has slowed from a week ago at least where we were at. Caught multiple fish in chartreuse and white jig tipped with worms , shrimp, or wax worms. Fished in 9.3 feet of water.

Thanks for the report, nice to have a place to go with great ice and good fishing, Were there still a lot of people on the ice while you were there? Were you dead sticking the jig or actively jigging? How thick is the ice now?

Mostly jigging. I would say the ice was about 8 inches give or take. The number of tents on the ice was down significantly from last week.
(12-05-2022, 12:43 AM)Sbg89 Wrote:

Mostly jigging. I would say the ice was about 8 inches give or take. The number of tents on the ice was down significantly from last week.

I was there at Madsen Bay the next day on Saturday. Drove a snowmobile about a mile South of the ramp.  Did really well, fish looked very healthy and the ice is solid. I could see practically the whole lake and counted 97 tents or groups on the ice.  What I wanted to add was that a DNR/State Park Ranger was by my truck when I got back to it about 2:00 PM and asked me if I had a park pass.  I've been going there for years and never had been asked or checked for that in the winter.  He said they were now enforcing the fee year round and that you need to pay at the machine at the entrance to the park just off the highway.  Don't know if that is the case at the other ramps but they are checking it at Madsen Bay.  Fee is $10.00 and I paid it at the machine on the way out.
(12-05-2022, 10:08 PM)Fisharefriends Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:43 AM)Sbg89 Wrote:

I was there at Madsen Bay the next day on Saturday. Drove a snowmobile about a mile South of the ramp.  Did really well, fish looked very healthy and the ice is solid. I could see practically the whole lake and counted 97 tents or groups on the ice.  What I wanted to add was that a DNR/State Park Ranger was by my truck when I got back to it about 2:00 PM and asked me if I had a park pass.  I've been going there for years and never had been asked or checked for that in the winter.  He said they were now enforcing the fee year round and that you need to pay at the machine at the entrance to the park just off the highway.  Don't know if that is the case at the other ramps but they are checking it at Madsen Bay.  Fee is $10.00 and I paid it at the machine on the way out.

Probably cheaper to pay the fee than paying the ticket you could have received, that was how I felt about it when I went to pineview and they told me the same thing. I've been out over 50 times this year most of them at State parks so it's cheaper for me just to buy the state parks pass but Pineview isn't a state park Sad
We ventured out on Saturday also to show my nephew, who’s in the Marine Corps, a good time. We fished halfway between the south sportsman’s access anf the house. Glad I have sleds to get away from the crowds. We found 9” of ice in 14 FOW. Fishing was fabulous and we landed an even 60 fish between 8:00 and 11:45. Yes, we actually counted. Between the four of us, we had a great time with lots of laughs. Enjoy the photos.

[Image: 4386-E613-AADA-4073-B363-F8-B4-B53-BDFEE.jpg]

[Image: 91-F8-E23-B-A118-4122-BDFD-E65-B08-C92232.jpg]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!