Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standings - Utah Ice Fishing Challenge 2022/2023
Smile 
Here are the current standings for the ice fishing challenge. I will post updates to the standings on this thread generally on Mondays. Thanks for your participation and Happy Fishing!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dec. 12 Standings - Welcome back Jig-fisher and catchinon!

Dec. 19 Standings. There is a lot of "good ice" around now. I'm really looking forward to getting some fishing in over the Holidays. Welcome hook_sets!

Attached Files Image(s)

I hope you're all enjoying the Holiday Season and getting some ice fishing in. Here are the Dec. 27 Standings. Nice ice kitty posted by SkunkedAgain to move up in the rankings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Happy New Year! Here are the standings as of Jan 2, 2023. A nice jumbo perch posted by SkunkedAgain, 'bow by Jig-fisher, and Hook-set posted a good crappie and white bass. The ice on many lakes is now very slushy from the recent wet snow. I hope we get some colder temps soon. Happy Fishing! Ron

Attached Files Image(s)

Standings for Jan. 9!  Ice conditions and the bite have been good in the Uinta Basin. Shoot me a PM if you would like to join me.

Standings for Jan. 16. Congratulations to SkunkedAgain (Jeff) for being selected in our random drawing for the Jan. 2 - Jan. 16 period!!!

Standings for Jan. 23, 2023. joatmon remains at the top and is up to 13 species posted. Well done, Brett. 
Have great week everyone. Ron

Standings for Jan. 30. joatmon continues to lead and picked up a Starvation walleye for his 14th species. Well done Brett!

(01-31-2023, 03:13 AM)hookngrinin Wrote: Standings for Jan. 30. joatmon continues to lead and picked up a Starvation walleye for his 14th species. Well done Brett!

Thanks for the trip, Ron. Good to spend the day with you and Lucas.

jack of all tackle, master of none
Hey, you bet! It was a good trip and I enjoyed sharing the cold day with you. Lucas and I are headed to the Gorge Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to add a couple species to my list...
Feb. 6 Standings. It's good to see fish from Bear Lake being posted. Joatmon maintains his lead and is up to 15 species adding a channel cat. Well done, Brett. A little over a month left for the Ice Challenge. It looks like the ice will be holding nicely for a while. Happy fishing... Ron

Attached Files Image(s)

February 13 Standings. joatmon remains in the lead and has posted 16 species now including his latest; a 29" Northern pike. I iced a 28" pup lake trout at the Gorge and Jeff (SkunkedAgain) has been getting into some action on Bear Lake. It's been a fun ice season and Ice Challenge. Ron

Attached Files Image(s)

Feb. 21 Standings update. Nice slab Black crappie posted by SkunkedAgain and Jumbo perch posted by joatmon.

Attached Files Image(s)

February 27 update. The Ice Challenge is winding down. Just over two weeks left (Ends March 15). We'll still have plenty of ice and ice fishing left the way things are going. joatmon continues to hold on to the lead and has posted an amazing 16 species. SkunkedAgain posted up a couple very nice slab Black crappie and has the lead in the Panfish category. Happy Fishing! Ron

Attached Files Image(s)

March 6, 2023 Update. It's coming to an end and the race just got tighter. SkunkedAgain edges me out of second place with a toad largemouth bass. Congrats on that bass, Jeff. joatmon remains in the lead and just added his 17th specie. Well done, Brett. Just over a week left now for this season's Ice Challenge. It's been a great ice season and fun participating/moderating the Ice Challenge...

Attached Files Image(s)

Congratulations Brett, even when I thought I'd make it close by taking the lead on the anything category, you answered before mine was even scored... Well done... Congrats... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Yes! Congratulations Brett! You're our Champion and pretty much led us the whole season. Thanks to all who participated. It was fun and the good, cold ice season helped.

Final Standings and winners by category:
Overall: joatmon Score - 8
SkunkedAgain Score - 10
hookngrinin Score - 11

Panfish: SkunkedAgain with a 14.5" Black crappie
Trout/salmon: hookngrinin with a 24.5" Brown trout
Bass: SkunkedAgain with a 18.5" Largemouth bass
Predators: joatmon with a 29" Northern pike
Others: joatmon and SkunkedAgain both with 22" Utah suckers
Most species: joatmon with an amazing 20 species caught through the ice.

Final Standings Table

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Ron. It was a good season and I met and exceeded some personal goals (I will highlight in a separate post in the General forum). Thanks for moderating and for letting me fish with you. I'd like to explore the basin lakes with you a little more next winter.

Jeff, thanks for the kind words. I expected you to pass me with a good trout from Bear Lake. I was so focused on white fish I never got off the rock pile to explore. And that sucker was a total surprise. Let's hit it together next winter!

jack of all tackle, master of none
Hey Brett that sounds good, I thought we'd be able to do it this year, but guess I was a day off your schedule... Hopefully next year we'll get it going again... Congrats... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!