Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting find at Willard today
Looks like someone had a bad day at Willard this year with the low water condition. Anyone need a used prop?
[Image: interestingfindat-Willard.jpg]

This was the highlight of our morning at Willard today, we were up there fishing from shore at the north marina because I figured the ramp would be frozen like it was two weeks ago. That did not turn out to be true but we were commented at that point, tried a couple of stops, then went over to the Willard pond, no luck there either. Drove down to the South marina for a look see, channel was mostly covered in ice. That was it for us, maybe next week will be better.
(12-07-2022, 11:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like someone had a bad day at Willard this year with the low water condition. Anyone need a used prop?

This was the highlight of our morning at Willard today, we were up there fishing from shore at the north marina because I figured the ramp would be frozen like it was two weeks ago. That did not turn out to be true but we were commented at that point, tried a couple of stops, then went over to the Willard pond, no luck there either. Drove down to the South marina for a look see, channel was mostly covered in ice. That was it for us, maybe next week will be better.
There are WAYYY easier methods to drain your lower unit oil than that.
Silly boat owner.
I didn't think of dropping my lower unit in the lake when changing bearings..... I wonder if that would have been easier than in my driveway.
(12-08-2022, 01:47 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I didn't think of dropping my lower unit in the lake when changing bearings..... I wonder if that would have been easier than in my driveway.

I'm sure it would cost a little bit more.
Thinking about his dad or his buddy who are pissed off after loaning out the boat for a day.  Dodgy
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(12-07-2022, 11:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like someone had a bad day at Willard this year with the low water condition. Anyone need a used prop?

I didn't know that they put fish in the new pond thought it was only for the kids to kayak and paddle board without worrying about the power squad. What fish had they stocked it with?
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(12-08-2022, 03:31 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: I didn't know that they put fish in the new pond thought it was only for the kids to kayak and paddle board without worrying about the power squad. What fish had they stocked it with?

Yes, they put bass and bluegill in there over a year ago now, there are plans to stock more fish in the future but here is what Chris Penne told me:

"It's just bass and bluegill for now.  We plan on adding additional species like bows, catfish and perhaps even perch, but for now we wanted to give the bass and bluegill time to establish since they got stocked at 2-3" long just a couple years ago.  Basically, we wanted to let those fish get to spawning size and get their populations established before putting in other species that would be either competition or predators
Chris"
Rough day for someone, sorry the fish didn’t cooperate for you guys, we’re you able to cast out far enough with the bobber rigs
(12-08-2022, 09:36 PM)2knots Wrote: Rough day for someone, sorry the fish didn’t cooperate for you guys, we’re you able to cast out far enough with the bobber rigs

Was the channel from the North marina to open bay clear of ice
(12-08-2022, 09:39 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 09:36 PM)2knots Wrote: Rough day for someone, sorry the fish didn’t cooperate for you guys, we’re you able to cast out far enough with the bobber rigs

Was the channel from the North marina to open bay clear of ice

Yes

Pretty close but the good spot was just a little out of range, I was able to cast out just beyond the buoy but I was using a flig, no slip bobber. Ira was using a slip bobber but he couldn't get out as far.