Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo report
No Shawn, I did not beat you out on Echo, but on my drive home from school I was suprised how fast the cap has closed in two days, so I except tomorrow morning to see you out there with two sheets of plywood tied to your boots. I will wait a few more days. I talked to the perch, they said they would still be hiding by  the mud flat  around rock number 4. Besides Cookie won't lace her boots until I promise it is 6".
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the update
But will the boat launch area be open for ice fishing?  Inquiring minds want to know.  The last construction update posted on the official Echo website was in June 2022.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Drove by Echo yesterday a bit of ice on the north end of the lake most of the lake is open still. Ice looked sketchy at best. Didn't see anyone with plywood strapped to their feet on it.
The "updates" are indeed pathetic.
I wish I could answer the question about the boat launch, but I can't.

I did go buy a new electric drill and sonar so I am ready. Shhhhh don't tell Cookie.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
This just in from the Echo State Park fakebook page:

Quote:We are allowing access to the day use area and boat ramp now. Be aware there is still construction going on and be careful around marked construction areas. Day use fee is $10 until contractors open the public restrooms for use. The wind and warmer temps have gotten rid of most of the ice. Only ice that remains is at the far south end by Dry Hollow Campground and by the dam remember use extreme caution and no ice is ever safe.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-10-2022, 12:38 PM)JeepNut Wrote: Drove by Echo yesterday a bit of ice on the north end of the lake most of the lake is open still. Ice looked sketchy at best. Didn't see anyone with plywood strapped to their feet on it.

Ya, it is amazing how fast the light wind has taken to almost zero again. The wait goes on...
Drove by Echo again today and it is capped. Saw a few brave souls out near the dam. Didn't stop to check how thick it was.