Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey this morning
Went to Causey this morning. Graphed lots till 9, only caught 2. 1 Kokanee around 10” and my boy caught a great tiger. Ice was around 6”
[Image: 050-C6-A24-160-A-47-D9-9-D7-A-CB32233580-F6.jpg]
Thanks for the report and pic, that looks like a nice tiger for Causey, good to see some bigger fish come out of there. Did you catch the koke out of a school that came through or was it a single by itself?
(12-11-2022, 09:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and pic, that looks like a nice tiger for Causey, good to see some bigger fish come out of there. Did you catch the koke out of a school that came through or was it a single by itself?

A big school came through. The singles seemed to move away from our jigs except that tiger.
Was the water super clear? Seems that when it is the fish get real spooky. I like about 2-3’ visibility.
(12-11-2022, 11:41 PM)Rainbowglitter Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 09:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and pic, that looks like a nice tiger for Causey, good to see some bigger fish come out of there. Did you catch the koke out of a school that came through or was it a single by itself?

A big school came through. The singles seemed to move away from our jigs except that tiger.

How deep of water were you fishing in when you got the koke?
Water was not clear. Couldn’t use the camera. We were over 90’ of water
(12-13-2022, 12:05 AM)Rainbowglitter Wrote: Water was not clear. Couldn’t use the camera. We were over 90’ of water

Not sure why but I've done better for the kokes when I've fished shallow, less than 30 ft, that being said that does not always work either.. Sometimes you just got to be lucky to find them, it seems.
Thanks for the report, that is a great looking tiger!