Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annual state park pass
Recent posts on Hyrum and Echo reminded me to purchase the 2023 annual pass to Utah state parks.  There is a new pass format this year, credit card size with a slot so that it can be hung from rear mirror with a clip lanyard, or easily carried on one's self if biking or walking into the park. Also, reminder that it takes 7-10 working days to get the pass if ordered online, and the pass itself must be in hand to enter park as receipt does not work as in prior years.  With the increases in day use fees (e.g. $20 for Hyrum, not to mention Willard) the annual pass is a no brainer to have in hand on Jan 1, 2023.
(12-12-2022, 12:08 AM)smokepoles Wrote: Recent posts on Hyrum and Echo reminded me to purchase the 2023 annual pass to Utah state parks.  There is a new pass format this year, credit card size with a slot so that it can be hung from rear mirror with a clip lanyard, or easily carried on one's self if biking or walking into the park. Also, reminder that it takes 7-10 working days to get the pass if ordered online, and the pass itself must be in hand to enter park as receipt does not work as in prior years.  With the increases in day use fees (e.g. $20 for Hyrum, not to mention Willard) the annual pass is a no brainer to have in hand on Jan 1, 2023.
Thanks for the reminder along with the changes in the pass.  I knew it was going to a calendar year but I didn't know of the other changes.

I wonder if the individual parks will have them on hand at the first of the year?
From the state park website:

You can purchase an Annual Day-Use Pass online using the link above, or in person. These in-person purchase locations include staffed state parks, region offices, and the Utah DNR Bookstore in Salt Lake City. Please note: these locations are only available for annual pass purchases during their individual business hours.  DNR Bookstore Hours: Monday-Friday 10 am-5 pm.

I did not find info on individual parks. Hyrum is close to me, but not sure if it is ever open this time of year, so just ordered online.  Also, it is stated there is now place for two names on the pass.
Thanks for the reminder!
Thanks for the heads up, I better get one ordered before the mail mess gets too busy around Christmas.. Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Kinda tough to play digital ping pong on the website to try to find the online applicaton.  Here it is:
LINK TO PARKS PASS WEBSITE
(12-12-2022, 05:07 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Kinda tough to play digital ping pong on the website to try to find the online applicaton.  Here it is:
LINK TO PARKS PASS WEBSITE

Thanks Pat
Thanks Pat, The site I was trying to use would only let me buy day passes... I'll check your link out now, thank you very much... Jeff
PS... That's the same site, I can't get a link to open up where I can buy the annual pass, is it working for others? If so might be my firewall filtering out links..
(12-12-2022, 06:57 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Pat, The site I was trying to use would only let me buy day passes... I'll check your link out now, thank you very much... Jeff
PS... That's the same site, I can't get a link to open up where I can buy the annual pass, is it working for others?  If so might be my firewall filtering out links..

worked for me the other day.
That link opens to the Annual Pass page for me. The inset photo does say "2023 Annual Day Use Pass" but that does not mean it is for a single day; it just rules out camping.

I don't ice fish, so I can wait a bit.
Thanks guys I'll try my phone to see if I can get through.. Thanks for letting me know... Jeff

That worked fine, thanks guys... Jeff
How much is the State Park pass for the year?
(12-14-2022, 11:37 PM)lavaman Wrote: How much is the State Park pass for the year?

$125, if you are a senior it's $65
Hey Rocky! You can come down and say rude things and laugh at the rest of us that are slipping an sliding around, falling on our Dorsal Posterior's !
Thanks Tube Dude,

Got mine ordered. Easy peasy with the link.
Therapist, my friend, I am in such pain after falling in the bathroom that I only empathize with you guys in the Ice Follies.
Park pass arrived today (ordered 12/12).  It even came with the lanyard to hang it if you wish.
(12-21-2022, 01:25 AM)smokepoles Wrote: Park pass arrived today (ordered 12/12).  It even came with the lanyard to hang it if you wish.

I bought mine at their office on North Temple and mine didn't come with a lanyard.  I was told that it is not necessary to display the pass this year.  I hope that I was given correct information.
After having to pay a $15 day pass today, I think the annual will be worth it soon. J
Got my pass today at DWR on North temple no lanyard. Try and have the correct change if possible. And it might pay to call he told me they were out of passes yesterday also short on change.