Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basin recon
Took a ride looking for ice, Red Fleet has about 3 inches unsafe, should be ok this weekend, long walk to the ice down the ramp, Stineker has open water still, Pelican did not look safe, nobody fishing it,  mostly frozen just a little open water filled with geese, checked out Bullock and Cotton wood looking for muskies, bullock has 6 inches of ice, fished for about an hour, nothing, only two other groups, they where moving alot so I dont think the found anything either,  cotton wood was really low with open water, didnt bring the long pole, you would need snow machines to get to matt warner now, 8 new inches of snow today.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for a great update and report... I had forgotten you moved out that way, hope it's a good change for you... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-13-2022, 04:41 AM)MSM1970 Wrote: Took a ride looking for ice, Red Fleet has about 3 inches unsafe, should be ok this weekend, long walk to the ice down the ramp, Stineker has open water still, Pelican did not look safe, nobody fishing it,  mostly frozen just a little open water filled with geese, checked out Bullock and Cotton wood looking for muskies, bullock has 6 inches of ice, fished for about an hour, nothing, only two other groups, they where moving alot so I dont think the found anything either,  cotton wood was really low with open water, didnt bring the long pole, you would need snow machines to get to matt warner now, 8 new inches of snow today.

I miss working out their in the patch with all the cold good ice
(12-13-2022, 12:30 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks for a great update and report... I had forgotten you moved out that way, hope it's a good change for you... Later Jeff

Its been a good change for me, little bit colder than UT county even in the summer which is good, the lack of people the best part, have yet to be crowded fishing, there is entertainment, like looking at traffic reports for the Wasatch front before my 5 minute commute Big Grin.

still learning the spots to fish, will be hitting starvy more next year, its an hour away and red fleet for crappie,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(12-17-2022, 04:41 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 12:30 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks for a great update and report... I had forgotten you moved out that way, hope it's a good change for you... Later Jeff

Its been a good change for me, little bit colder than UT county even in the summer which is good, the lack of people the best part, have yet to be crowded fishing, there is entertainment, like looking at traffic reports for the Wasatch front before my 5 minute commute Big Grin.

still learning the spots to fish, will be hitting starvy more next year, its an hour away and red fleet for crappie,

Glad we have another member in that area for updates on conditions and reports, hope your next season there turns out to be a good one, it will be interesting to read more reports on Starvation.