Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12-19-22
Rob and I fished around The Strawberry Marina yesterday.  I hoped to fish one of my honey holes, but after walking out ~200 yards, we found some ice that was at the most 2" thick.  Interestingly, there was a guy fishing very close to where I hoped to fish.  He hiked out from a slightly different route than what we were using.  

We immediately moved to Plan B and stayed within ~100 yards of the shoreline and found ice was 4" thick.  We caught over 75 fish, which included two rainbows and 2 cutthroats over the slot and none were under tha slot (the two cutthroats were heavy fish and reminded me of some of the cutthroat that we catch at Bear Lake).

Both cut bait and meal worms worked.  Best depths were 20' and 25'.  

Fun day and good to get out with Rob again.

[Image: Strawberry-12-19-22.png]
Is that a tail sticking out of its mouth??
Nice girthy buck!
Sounds like a decent day. Is this the earliest in the season you've been on Strawberry?
(12-20-2022, 08:11 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Is that a tail sticking out of its mouth??
Nice girthy buck!

I didn't notice that before you pointed it out, perhaps it was a chunk of my cut bait.

(12-20-2022, 11:57 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Sounds like a decent day. Is this the earliest in the season you've been on Strawberry?

I believe so.  I typically make my first trip on New Year's Day.
That is a chunky cutt. I looks like it was easy walking too. Not much snow on the ice...
Great post thanks for the info.
FINSUP
Congrats Kent sounds like a great day, thanks for sharing. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Great job on the catch.
Good fishing to all.   Hue