Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual transducer to one fish finder help
I have a Lowrance Hook 7 with a triple shot transducer on the back of my boat. Then I have a Minn Kota Ultera on the bow. Both work well. How can I switch between the two transducers with out unplugging one to plug in the other??? Is there a switch or device I can use, to use one or the other transducer? If I have the triple shot plugged in and put the trolling motor down it causes screen problems due to the transducer in the ultera running even though the transducer isn't plugged into the Lowrance unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Second question is, if I put a Humming Bird Helix 10, could I use both transducers?
No and No

If you plan on getting a helix put it upfront with the Ulterra.

If you want to network the front and back units sell the Hook and get two birds or two Lowrances or garmins that have network capabilities
To answer your first question, no.  Are you powering your graph from the TM batteries?  Your Ulterra transducer is powered from a graph, not the motor, it can't be operating if it's unplugged.  Sounds more like electrical noise to me.  If your Ulterra has the US2 transducer, the 2D only round puck, it will plug into a Helix unit, HumminBird makes an adapter for it. They also make adapters for Lowrance and Garmin. Unless you're partial to Birds, you don't have to go that route. It will work on another Hook, or most others from the "big 3". The Hook units are designed as stand alone units and can't be networked. If your Ulterra has a different transducer than the US2, you will have to be more selective of your second graph to to utilize the SI and DI.
 I agree with Bassin_Blitz, I'm no expert but I don't believe you can not network two different brands of fish finder.
(12-20-2022, 10:46 PM)Coho975 Wrote: To answer your first question, no.  Are you powering your graph from the TM batteries?  Your Ulterra transducer is powered from a graph, not the motor, it can't be operating if it's unplugged.  Sounds more like electrical noise to me.  If your Ulterra has the US2 transducer, the 2D only round puck, it will plug into a Helix unit, HumminBird makes an adapter for it. They also make adapters for Lowrance and Garmin. Unless you're partial to Birds, you don't have to go that route. It will work on another Hook, or most others from the "big 3". The Hook units are designed as stand alone units and can't be networked. If your Ulterra has a different transducer than the US2, you will have to be more selective of your second graph to to utilize the SI and DI.

You may be right on the electrical noise. Is there a way of eliminating the electrical noise?
(12-27-2022, 12:32 AM)Jonesy84404 Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 10:46 PM)Coho975 Wrote: To answer your first question, no.  Are you powering your graph from the TM batteries?  Your Ulterra transducer is powered from a graph, not the motor, it can't be operating if it's unplugged.  Sounds more like electrical noise to me.  If your Ulterra has the US2 transducer, the 2D only round puck, it will plug into a Helix unit, HumminBird makes an adapter for it. They also make adapters for Lowrance and Garmin. Unless you're partial to Birds, you don't have to go that route. It will work on another Hook, or most others from the "big 3". The Hook units are designed as stand alone units and can't be networked. If your Ulterra has a different transducer than the US2, you will have to be more selective of your second graph to to utilize the SI and DI.

You may be right on the electrical noise. Is there a way of eliminating the electrical noise?

It sounds like you are picking up interference from your trolling motor, does the electrical noise go away when the trolling motor is up?
(12-27-2022, 01:11 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

It sounds like you are picking up interference from your trolling motor, does the electrical noise go away when the trolling motor is up?
If the trolling motor is down and in use, but not plugged into the back of the
fish finder I loose my depth numbers and other items off the screen. But if I unplug the back transducer and plug the minnkota in it reads just fine.
(12-28-2022, 03:26 AM)Jonesy84404 Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 01:11 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

If the trolling motor is down and in use, but not plugged into the back of the
fish finder I loose my depth numbers and other items off the screen. But if I unplug the back transducer and plug the minnkota in it reads just fine.
Just don't use you front transducer and the rear one at the same time. You are getting interferance from the two tranducers it sounds like to me.
What battery is the Hook connected to, Do not connect the power for the F-finder to the trolling motor batteries it should be connected to the Cranking battery or a separate house battery if you have one for accessories