Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Report
Echo is capped and being fished. I have not had a chance myself but have talked to a couple groups. I likely won't be able to get out until next week.

Ice really varies. I heard reports of 2" and less and of 4" and more. Spud your path, but it should be improving fast. After last night it really should have thickened. There are a few pressure ridges to watch for. I know one person put a foot through thin ice near one but was going slow so did not take a dunk. 

I saw confirmed walleye and smallmouth from anglers fishing the break rocks near the dam and rainbows in the bays near the marina.

Very little on perch. Everyone I talked to described the fishing as spotty. Not early ice hot like you would hope. 

Oh, and the new marina is open to drive in and was even plowed a bit at least it was early yesterday.

I can't wait to open my new auger and sonar, but Cookie is a stickler about not peeking until Christmas. Plus she doesn't know I bought it - for "us", yet Smile
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-22-2022, 02:52 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Echo is capped and being fished. I have not had a chance myself but have talked to a couple groups. I likely won't be able to get out until next week.

Ice really varies. I heard reports of 2" and less and of 4" and more. Spud your path, but it should be improving fast. After last night it really should have thickened. There are a few pressure ridges to watch for. I know one person put a foot through thin ice near one but was going slow so did not take a dunk. 

I saw confirmed walleye and smallmouth from anglers fishing the break rocks near the dam and rainbows in the bays near the marina.

Very little on perch. Everyone I talked to described the fishing as spotty. Not early ice hot like you would hope. 

Oh, and the new marina is open to drive in and was even plowed a bit at least it was early yesterday.

I can't wait to open my new auger and sonar, but Cookie is a stickler about not peeking until Christmas. Plus she doesn't know I bought it - for "us", yet Smile

Went to Echo This morning. Ice varied from 5" to 3". Fished in 6'-45' FOW. Unable to locate the perch. Caught 5 trout in 13'-27' FOW. Several of the trout were long (23") and snake like (very skinny with big heads). Had a lunker that got away. Anyone getting lucky with the perch?
(12-23-2022, 08:24 PM)icerman Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 02:52 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Echo is capped and being fished. I have not had a chance myself but have talked to a couple groups. I likely won't be able to get out until next week.

Went to Echo This morning.  Ice varied from 5" to 3".  Fished in 6'-45' FOW.  Unable to locate the perch.  Caught 5 trout in 13'-27' FOW.  Several of the trout were long (23") and snake like (very skinny with big heads).  Had a lunker that got away.  Anyone getting lucky with the perch?
We got out there a few days ago and got shunked, got one bite. Fished in 6 to 40 FOW marked few fish. No one around us was catching fish either. Ice was 4 to 5". Just one of those days I guess.
I heard from a few guys rockport was good today with perch and trout