Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking at Pineview
Is there any vehicle access to the boat launch parking lots or just at Wind Surfer parking lot.

What about the parking lot at Cemetery Point just to the East of the cemetery? 

Scott
(12-23-2022, 12:22 AM)Stratos99 Wrote: Is there any vehicle access to the boat launch parking lots or just at Wind Surfer parking lot.

Scott
Good Morning Scott,

Good luck in your search for parking at Pineview.  The USFS has made it their mission this year to make it as difficult as possible to ice fish Pineview as they possibly can.  The official stance is that the Port Ramp will remain open until the winter weather becomes problematic.  When it does, the gates will be closed and locked and access for ice fishing will shift to Anderson Cove Campground.  The daily fee for either is $18/day.  The Season Day Use Pass for Pineview Reservoir is $180.00.  The 2023 Passes are now available from Utah Recreation Company or you can pay them $18 each day you go there to fish.  Will the gates to Port Ramp & Anderson Cove be closed and locked between 10 PM and 6 AM?  This might be a problem for night time crappie fishing.  

There may or may not be access available at Windsurfer Beach and near the dam along side the road on Highway 158 across from the dam's care taker house.  Both are very steep and offer NO snow machine access.

I heard a rumor last week that the Stingtown Road (N 5900 E, Eden, UT) access to the Browning Point area will have a fence put up to stop walk-on access.  Cemetary Point parking is gated and locked for the winter season and street parking is NOT allowed on the road leading up to that lot.

If anybody wants to ice fish Pineview using a snow machine of any kind, they will have to use their very expensive annual pass or pay a daily fee of $18/day.  If they are walk ons, they have a VERY steep hill to negotiate up/down or a VERY long walk from either Port ramp or Anderson Cove.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-23-2022, 04:36 PM)dubob Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 12:22 AM)Stratos99 Wrote: Is there any vehicle access to the boat launch parking lots or just at Wind Surfer parking lot.

Scott
Good Morning Scott,

Good luck in your search for parking at Pineview.  The USFS has made it their mission this year to make it as difficult as possible to ice fish Pineview as they possibly can.  The official stance is that the Port Ramp will remain open until the winter weather becomes problematic.  When it does, the gates will be closed and locked and access for ice fishing will shift to Anderson Cove Campground.  The daily fee for either is $18/day.  The Season Day Use Pass for Pineview Reservoir is $180.00.  The 2023 Passes are now available from Utah Recreation Company or you can pay them $18 each day you go there to fish.  Will the gates to Port Ramp & Anderson Cove be closed and locked between 10 PM and 6 AM?  This might be a problem for night time crappie fishing.  

There may or may not be access available at Windsurfer Beach and near the dam along side the road on Highway 158 across from the dam's care taker house.  Both are very steep and offer NO snow machine access.

I heard a rumor last week that the Stingtown Road (N 5900 E, Eden, UT) access to the Browning Point area will have a fence put up to stop walk-on access.  Cemetary Point parking is gated and locked for the winter season and street parking is NOT allowed on the road leading up to that lot.

If anybody wants to ice fish Pineview using a snow machine of any kind, they will have to use their very expensive annual pass or pay a daily fee of $18/day.  If they are walk ons, they have a VERY steep hill to negotiate up/down or a VERY long walk from either Port ramp or Anderson Cove.

Not worth wasting my time and hasn't been for quite a few years, if you want to catch decent size fish, Mantua or Rockport are a much better choice.
(12-23-2022, 05:01 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 04:36 PM)dubob Wrote:

Scott
Good Morning Scott,

Not worth wasting my time and hasn't been for quite a few years, if you want to catch decent size fish, Mantua or Rockport are a much better choice.
Amen!  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Realistically, Pineview no longer exists for anglers. There is virtually no access in winter, and only at exorbitant rates during the summr. Besides, in summer, it is purely a power squadron hangout and you'd take your life in your hands to battle them.
(12-23-2022, 06:19 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Realistically, Pineview no longer exists for anglers. There is virtually no access in winter, and only at exorbitant rates during the summr. Besides, in summer, it is purely a power squadron hangout and you'd take your life in your hands to battle them.
The people that live around Pineview are getting exactly what they want because it seems like what they are doing is working... Driving people away. 
 I hope people just don't write that place off because of a few uppity folks.
(12-23-2022, 11:58 PM)sharksugar101 Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 06:19 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Realistically, Pineview no longer exists for anglers. There is virtually no access in winter, and only at exorbitant rates during the summr. Besides, in summer, it is purely a power squadron hangout and you'd take your life in your hands to battle them.
The people that live around Pineview are getting exactly what they want because it seems like what they are doing is working... Driving people away. 
 I hope people just don't write that place off because of a few uppity folks.

It has nothing to do with the people that live around PV, it's the forest service that is causing all this. I went to a FS meeting there at Huntsville this Fall and the people that live there were all upset with this mess. The FS even wants to change the people that live right on the lake to walk out their back door and go to the lake, it is total BS.
Sounds like time for a French-style protest.
Sounds typical for utah. Pay pay pay every where you go for every thing . Utah is a joke for pretty much any type out door activities. Lol national park pay .any thing with so Called tax payers money funded projects pay lol camp in utah it's almost cheaper to rent a air b&b good luck folks this is why I go north
(12-27-2022, 12:13 AM)L-D-R Wrote: Sounds typical for utah. Pay pay pay every where you go for every thing . Utah is a joke  for pretty much any type out door activities. Lol national park pay .any thing with so Called tax payers money funded projects pay  lol camp in utah it's almost cheaper to rent a air b&b  good luck folks this is why I go north
Sorry L-D-R, but there ain't no 'Utah" involvement in any of this.  It is 100% Federal chaos.  The Feds farm out the actual management of a venue and the vendor gets to charge a fee to all users of the venue.  The Feds are remodeling the venue (in this case Pineview) to close off as many access points as possible, thereby forcing users to use only those entry points set up to monitor user entry and collect user fees.  The Feds are excellent at their remodeling skills and will very soon have Pineview locked up tighter than a drum.  And Federal agencies are notorious for ignoring any and all state concerns.
Bob Hicks, from Utah