Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auger Repair / Maintenance Contact??
Well, my ice season started with a wimper yesterday.  Pulled out my Eskimo Mako and it wouldn't start.  It appears to me that the priming bulb is on the fritz because I don't see gas being pulled into the engine when pressing it.  That's my non-mechanical ability's assessment anyway.  Since it needs to go in, the chuck needs tightening too as the auger would rotate some while in neutral last year.

So the question - can anyone recommend a good auger /small engine mechanic in the SLC area?  I wish I'd done this when it should have been done in the fall.  Fail on my part!!
(12-27-2022, 02:20 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Well, my ice season started with a wimper yesterday.  Pulled out my Eskimo Mako and it wouldn't start.  It appears to me that the priming bulb is on the fritz because I don't see gas being pulled into the engine when pressing it.  That's my non-mechanical ability's assessment anyway.  Since it needs to go in, the chuck needs tightening too as the auger would rotate some while in neutral last year.

So the question - can anyone recommend a good auger /small engine mechanic in the SLC area?  I wish I'd done this when it should have been done in the fall.  Fail on my part!!

Sorry, I can't help you on a person to repair your auger in your area but if you don't mind, I'd like to recommend an alternative to getting that gas auger repaired. Sell it and buy a battery operated auger. Gas augers just by their nature need maintenance, because when gas sits for long periods of time it will clog up the carb. There are so many options when it comes to a battery operated auger but the money you spend to get your gas auger repaired would go a long way to buying a new setup. If you don't like my idea that's totally fine just thought I'd throw that out there, just in case you might want to consider something different. Good luck either way.