Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Anyone ?
Looking for ice condition and fishing reports for  Causey I appreciate any info , Thanks
(12-28-2022, 02:15 PM)RookyFisher Wrote: Looking for ice condition and fishing reports for  Causey I appreciate any info , Thanks

Fished it today with my son. Ice was 6+ inches of clear with 2 inches of garbage and 1 inch of slush/water on top. Edges were a bit sketchy.

Had hopes of landing a first ice koke but they had other plans today. Fished 37 to 125 feet of water without a single mark on the graph.
(12-28-2022, 02:15 PM)RookyFisher Wrote: Looking for ice condition and fishing reports for  Causey I appreciate any info , Thanks

I was up there on Monday for a few hours. Everywhere we went ice was plenty thick (8+ inches) and had a couple inches of slush in most places. It was a slow day, caught 1 bow between the 5 of us and barely marked anything on the finders. From what we saw and heard, others there didn’t have much better luck. For some reason, I haven’t had much luck at Causey the last 2 seasons.
Thanks , I'll go to Rockport instead . I will report my findings there .
Please let us know how Rockport is. Thank you
(12-29-2022, 03:42 AM)Amn Wrote: Please let us know how Rockport is. Thank you

Yes went to Rockport  12 / 29  edges were soft take a plank if you go. Fish were not biting . Only caught  1 cutthroat between 2 of us . Maybe just an off day .
Thanks for the update. I'm ready to get out there. Haven't been yet this year. I'm wanting to try Lost Creek. That's always my go to. It can be on fire one day and then nothing the next. Guess that's fishing though!