Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 12 / 29
My son and I hit R P this morning. Couldn't find the perch . 
Ended up with only a small cutthroat. Take a plank if you go .
(12-29-2022, 09:40 PM)RookyFisher Wrote: My son and I hit R P this morning. Couldn't find the perch . 

Agree on the plank.  Just got home myself.  Didn't get there til 11, and by then all the pkg spots were taken at that last restroom/pullout on the SW side.  So I went to the dam for nearly 2 hrs, swiss-cheezing & zig-zagging my way over 25, 35, 45, 55 and 65'.  Not even a bite.  Pulled up stakes, drove south and found some parking mid-lake.  Walked out & fished from 25-60'.  Got some 6-7"ers, but even they were few & far between.  Stayed until 3pm.  Talked to a few guys who managed some jumbos, saying those bites came mostly mid-morning.  Gorgeous bluebird day, and nice to see dozens of folks everywhere from the boat ramp south.  Just not a lot of hook-setting arms shooting skyward.
(12-29-2022, 10:52 PM)perchinski Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 09:40 PM)RookyFisher Wrote: My son and I hit R P this morning. Couldn't find the perch . 

Agree on the plank.  Just got home myself.  Didn't get there til 11, and by then all the pkg spots were taken at that last restroom/pullout on the SW side.  So I went to the dam for nearly 2 hrs, swiss-cheezing & zig-zagging my way over 25, 35, 45, 55 and 65'.  Not even a bite.  Pulled up stakes, drove south and found some parking mid-lake.  Walked out & fished from 25-60'.  Got some 6-7"ers, but even they were few & far between.  Stayed until 3pm.  Talked to a few guys who managed some jumbos, saying those bites came mostly mid-morning.  Gorgeous bluebird day, and nice to see dozens of folks everywhere from the boat ramp south.  Just not a lot of hook-setting arms shooting skyward.
Is it just me or does ice fishing Northern UT seem a lot tougher this Winter ?
I just got back too, I was lucky and found lots of perch.I now have a bag full to filet. I missed so many bites but I think many were dinky ones. Caught too many of the small ones but got some really nice ones too. The edges were OK early in the morning but when I left in the afternoon I tried to use a plank someone put across the soft stuff but unfortunately I went through before getting on the plank. I went in a bit over my knees but my ice suit and tall boots kept most of the water out. Watch the edges. Now off to filet fish.
I'm pretty sure perchinski was the one that talked to me on the way out.
Did you go in over your knees at the boat ramp?
(12-30-2022, 03:08 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Did you go in over your knees at the boat ramp?
No on the west side
Thank you