Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
display of annual state park pass
As a follow up to the prior thread, I just drove by Hyrum state park and stopped to visit with the ranger that happened to be in office.  He indicated the annual pass will need to be displayed in the vehicle as in prior years and has not received any directive to the contrary.  He also sold two 2023 annual passes while I was there with green lanyard.  

As to the ice, it appears sketchy around the edges though there are a few fishing on the lake obviously finding some access. Couple guys fishing by the ramp said 4-5" and was no problem getting on straight from the ramp, but again rest looked sketchy to me.  Rain and sleet today not helping things with another warm day and night coming Sad
Thanks for the update on the annual pass.

I got mine in the mail about a week after ordering it.  It looks like they are shipped out of St George for some reason.

Now if I can remember to hang the dang thing on the mirror. Big Grin  
You wouldn't be the first person to forget to display their pass. Three years ago I parked in the empty Lucerne Marina parking lot- it was March and everything was closed. When I returned from fishing in my buddy's boat I found a ticket under the windshield wiper. I had forgotten to place my senior park pass on the dashboard. The ticket was issued by the Forest Service and since it was federal, I had to send my fine to Denver. The fine was $80.
(12-31-2022, 02:52 AM)DanzTuna Wrote: You wouldn't be the first person to forget to display their pass. Three years ago I parked in the empty Lucerne Marina parking lot- it was March and everything was closed.  When I returned from fishing in my buddy's boat I found a ticket under the windshield wiper.  I had forgotten to place my senior park pass on the dashboard.  The ticket was issued by the Forest Service and since it was federal, I had to send my fine to Denver.  The fine was $80.

As long as you can prove you had the pass before you got the ticket they should have cancelled the ticket.
(12-31-2022, 04:26 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 02:52 AM)DanzTuna Wrote: You wouldn't be the first person to forget to display their pass. Three years ago I parked in the empty Lucerne Marina parking lot- it was March and everything was closed.  When I returned from fishing in my buddy's boat I found a ticket under the windshield wiper.  I had forgotten to place my senior park pass on the dashboard.  The ticket was issued by the Forest Service and since it was federal, I had to send my fine to Denver.  The fine was $80.

As long as you can prove you had the pass before you got the ticket they should have cancelled the ticket.
I tried on line and with the court- no dice
(12-31-2022, 03:48 PM)DanzTuna Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 04:26 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I tried on line and with the court- no dice
That's BS but not surprising considering it's the government you were dealing with. They take our tax money like there is no end to their money spending spree, then they can't even cut a guy a break or forgetting to put a pass out, what a bunch of heartless folks.
Not to belittle your misfortune, but this thread is about a STATE PARK PASS.  Lucerne is a FEDERAL property and if you had displayed your STATE PARKS PASS, you still would have gotten the ticket.  State passes don't work on Federal properties.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-31-2022, 05:42 PM)dubob Wrote:
Not to belittle your misfortune, but this thread is about a STATE PARK PASS.  Lucerne is a FEDERAL property and if you had displayed your STATE PARKS PASS, you still would have gotten the ticket.  State passes don't work on Federal properties.

LOL, guess I did not read his reply very well, I thought he was using one of those lifetime federal passes that some vets got way back when. Oops my bad, never mind with my comments Blush