Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First timer- Tibble Fork Res 12-26-22
First post, just joined the forum! Spent the afternoon at Tibble Fork Res (12-26-22) with the whole Fam Damily. Kids wanted to get out and sled and my 9 yr old wanted to try his luck fishing. Ice was 10-12 inches and snow/conditions were great, other than the hill from parking lot to res was slick as could be from all the sledding. FYI this place is definitely packed with people/families sledding and hiking and taking pictures. Great place for kids close to SLC valley. Fished approx 3 pm to 6 pm, caught 6 small trout (9-12"), 5 rainbows and 1 cut-bow, all of which were close to the bottom. Used attractor spoon with small rat-finkee dropper. 
I talked with a guy who thinks a lot of the fish died off this summer when reservoir level got really low but summer/fall temps stayed really high. Dont know if this info is accurate but it seemed so. We tried several different spots 10-22 FOW and just did NOT mark many fish. Most of the time, that we marked one we would get a least one light take.
One quick word of warning, the only way from the parking lot to the reservoir is a slight hill that is heavily used for sledding and can be tricky for one who isnt very mobile, I loaded the ice sled and just let 'er rip! Getting out just took a couple extra trips! There is a $5 day use fee.
Thanks for the nice detailed report and welcome to the site. Were there lots of people there today?
About 8 groups of people fishing. Many more sledding. This was about 1 week ago.