Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 1-2-23
Went out to echo today. Little bit of slush and edges were soft , manageable without getting too wet. Fished straight out in the middle from the boat ramp towards the inlet maybe 200 yards or so. Managed to find some perch and get some keepers as well. Had a nice brown trout break my line in the hole right before I left that was a bummer.
Tube jigs with wax worms and mealworms did the trick.
Hoping to get out again this weekSmile
Did the have the parking area plowed? I know they have been trying to keep it open
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(01-03-2023, 03:20 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Did the have the parking area plowed? I know they have been trying to keep it open

I didn't notice any plows, I parked towards the inlet off the road not at the park.
Looks like a pretty good outing!
(01-03-2023, 03:20 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Did the have the parking area plowed? I know they have been trying to keep it open

Yes it was good and plowed. He worked on it most the day.
(01-03-2023, 05:37 AM)BertDawg Wrote:

Yes it was good and plowed. He worked on it most the day.

Were you there fishing too? If so what was your take on the conditions, getting on and off the ice? Also, did they plow the ramp?
(01-03-2023, 02:31 AM)Moose123! Wrote: Went out to echo today. Little bit of slush and edges were soft , manageable without getting too wet. Fished straight out in the middle from the boat ramp towards the inlet maybe 200 yards or so. Managed to find some perch and get some keepers as well. Had a nice brown trout break my line in the hole right before I left that was a bummer.
Tube jigs with wax worms and mealworms did the trick.
Hoping to get out again this weekSmile

Great report, after getting skunked there a week ago, it's nice to read a decent report. Did you need a plank to get on the ice?
[quote pid="1140620" dateline="1672768066"]

Great report, after getting skunked there a week ago, it's nice to read a decent report. Did you need a plank to get on the ice?
[/quote]

I didn't have a plank but that would have helped a ton. Some spots were worst than others. Here's to hoping this all freezes back up soon