Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing buddies
I’m gonna head out to pineview in a bit here if anyone wants to join, fishing is funner with others and unfortunately I don’t know too many people that enjoy it as much as me. If not today but you still would want to join me sometime, or wouldn’t mind someone joining you, let me know. I’ll be back with an update later, hoping to locate the schools of bigger crappie. Big Grin
Hey hope you got on the fish... I'm back to work now, but otherwise would be fun to join you... Good luck.. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Just curious , how were conditions and fishing at Pineview ?
I'm also curious on how the fishing and ice conditions were.
(01-04-2023, 11:34 PM)Amn Wrote: I'm also curious on how the fishing and ice conditions were.

Went to PV on Monday.  Found a fish school close to Dam but very slow.  Only caught 17 between three of us in 2.5 hours.  Good news is crappies are much larger than last several years.
Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. Good to read the crappie size are inproving. Did you have any problems getting on or off the ice?
(01-05-2023, 02:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. Good to read the crappie size are inproving. Did you have any problems getting on or off the ice?

No problem to get on the ice but about 6'' of water and slurry.  We got wet shoes.
(01-06-2023, 02:39 AM)wkdFishingman Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 02:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report and welcome to the site. Good to read the crappie size are inproving. Did you have any problems getting on or off the ice?

No problem to get on the ice but about 6'' of water and slurry.  We got wet shoes.

A little late on the report, sorry all. Luckily the slush had frozen enough that there was spots I was able to stay on top without getting my feet wet, although I’m sure after todays temps it’s a different story. I went out from browning point and the edges were trash, definitely could have used a plank. I had to walk through open water to get onto the ice, about 3’ distance up to a foot deep of water. Again I can only imagine it’s worse now with today being 10° warmer than it was the day I went. Good news is I found a school of crappie that stuck around until both me and a buddy I met out there had our limits. Livescope is a game changer when it comes to panfish! And I agree on the size, I don’t think I caught one crappie as small as the biggest I got last year. Even got a couple that were borderline slabs! Quite a nice surprise after catching nothing but dinks all last year, hopefully in another year or two they get to be as big as they were in years past.

(01-04-2023, 03:52 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey hope you got on the fish... I'm back to work now, but otherwise would be fun to join you... Good luck.. J

I got on the fish alright, we met out on the ice at newton last year. We’ll have to try and meet up again this year, hope you’re doing well!
Sounds great and I'm glad you got onto them and they were good sized... What range is their size this year? I don't know why but I really like crappie... Do you have the livescope? Can't remember if you showed that to me at Newton or not... Pretty cool deal to be able to check around you for fish... I should pull the trigger on an upgrade, but haven't done it yet... Still trying to decide if the 360 or live view would be best for me... Thanks for the follow up post... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!