Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry late Strawberry post
Sorry about the late post but went to Chicken creek east on Dec. 23 (Christmas Adam) with Lil_Riggs.  We caught so many fish we lost count but many fish were caught and released!  I used small ice jigs with Chub meat ( Thanks to all who pointed me in the correct location to get some)  Made some modifications to my Smitty Sled worked wonderfully. We had many doubles and triple hook ups.  We could look down the hole and see the fish swimming, bumping, and biting the jigs!  19 FOW.  Sorry about the crazy look in the picture was a long night and a mixture of Red bull, Energy gum, and Adderall.  
[Image: Fish-1.jpg]

[Image: Fish-10.jpg]

[Image: Fish-11.jpg]

[Image: Fish-4.jpg]

[Image: Fish5.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2406.jpg]

Had one Fish try and cop a feel on me when he decided to fling itself out of my hands and into my Jacket.  Landon thought that was the funniest thing in the world. And nothing better than seeing younglings laughing.. 

[Image: IMG-2435.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2439.jpg]

What a big change in a week we went back on Dec. 31. with my new son-in-law and my brother-in-law and his kids all never been out on the ice fishing.  fished in 12 FOW 10 plus inches of wet snow, 9 inches of slush under. MISERABLE but Landon got a new Underwater camera from Santa ( who helped him cover the rest of the cost) GAME CHANGER!!!!!!!  they had fun watching the crawfish play with the bait and even brought on up to the surface!  (the only thing we caught) 
[Image: IMG-2464.jpg]

Fishing was slow and wet and miserable. but a good time with family is better than anything else!

[Image: IMG-2462.jpg]

Way to build some good memories with youngsters!
Hey Greg I think your date of the second trip was Dec. 31st not 23rd... If i remember when I was getting the texts... Too bad the catching dropped off so bad... Hopefully it will pick up again... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-04-2023, 03:49 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Greg I think your date of the second trip was Dec. 31st not 23rd... If i remember when I was getting the texts... Too bad the catching dropped off so bad... Hopefully it will pick up again... Later J

Thanks for the correction Sq?️ brain defiantly followed me into the new year.