Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post. Echo this morning
I've been reading BFT for some time now, so I'm trying my first post. Arrived at Echo at 7 AM this morning. First one there and fishing alone. Someone pushed a pile of snow to the bottom of the ramp so getting to the ice was easy. I went out 300 yards from the ramp to the right in about 40 feet of water.  Started to mark fish immediately on the bottom (perch). Only iced one 8 inch'er with 4 bites. Tried numerous rigs but no luck. Left at 11 AM. Real slow. 7 or 8 people on the ice when I left. 6 inches of ice with 2 harder inches of slush and 1 inch of snow with 1 inch of soft slush beneath the snow. Scouted East Canyon for tomorrow. Ranger said fishing was good. Not according to the 2 groups of people I talked to down on the ice. They had no bites. Thinner ice there and a little slushier. To far of a haul for me and my sled to get back to the parking lot. I guess I'll try Echo in the morning a little earlier than today. Drove by Rockport on my way home. More people there than Echo but from what I hear, that's not the place for me. Came of the ice there last week wet from my knees to my elbows.
Some fish don't like guys like me, yeah but some fish do. But just a few.
Thanks for the great report on all the reservoirs.

Welcome to the forum and good luck tomorrow.
Thanks for the report and info on conditions at all the lakes. Echo has been tough so far this Winter, good luck tomorrow, hopefully it treats you better in the morning.