Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 1-7-23
Took the Tinger Dogs out for their maiden voyage on Stawberry on Saturday.  Parked at the lot just South of Ladders and headed out. We were immediately met with slush and I got my machine stuck about 100 yards on the ice. About an hour was killed digging out and trying to go again just to get stuck again.  Decided just to fish where we were so we didn't loose more time.  Stayed til about 3pm ended up icing six fish with one Rainbow in the mix. Half were caught on a tungsten with sucker (couldn't find any chub), the other half on tungsten with plastic and meal worms.
 There was about 10 inches of snow on 8 inches slush ice about 9 inches thick.

[Image: Rainbow.jpg]

[Image: 20230107-083423.jpg]
Sorry to hear you had problems with the shush on your first outing but at least you caught some fish. Did you have to convert your tigner dog to propane or did it come that way?

By the way, you used the wrong method for attaching your pics, this is the method you need to be using:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/show...id=1101135
Thanks for the report and the pics. That Tinger looks really cool. Bummer to just get stuck on the first trip out. Did the same thing on my first snowmobile trip to Strawberry last winter. I’ll bet there is a learning curve just like a sled. Were the snowmobiles running around thru the slush? Can’t wait to get up there soon.
Wow I was hoping that slush was starting to set up by now. I hate that deep of slush it’s about impossible to get around. Thanks for the report. J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-10-2023, 02:41 AM)Troutster Wrote: Thanks for the report and the pics. That Tinger looks really cool. Bummer to just get stuck on the first trip out. Did the same thing on my first snowmobile trip to Strawberry last winter. I’ll bet there is a learning curve just like a sled. Were the snowmobiles running around thru the slush? Can’t wait to get up there soon.

I did see a few snowmobiles out there. They definitely did better then the dogs but could see they were sinking in. Did not see any sleds go across the lake or more then 1/2 mile from parking lot.

(01-10-2023, 01:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sorry to hear you had problems with the shush on your first outing but at least you caught some fish. Did you have to convert your tigner dog to propane or did it come that way?

By the way, you used the wrong method for attaching your pics, this is the method you need to be using:

Pictures fixed sorry bout that.

The Tinger dogs came with everything but the engine.
You can use any 13hp gx390 or similar clone.  We are running Duramax 440  that came ready for gasoline or propane from Homedepot.
(01-10-2023, 04:06 AM)RedNekFishR Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 02:41 AM)Troutster Wrote: Thanks for the report and the pics. That Tinger looks really cool. Bummer to just get stuck on the first trip out. Did the same thing on my first snowmobile trip to Strawberry last winter. I’ll bet there is a learning curve just like a sled. Were the snowmobiles running around thru the slush? Can’t wait to get up there soon.

I did see a few snowmobiles out there. They definitely did better then the dogs but could see they were sinking in. Did not see any sleds go across the lake or more then 1/2 mile from parking lot.

(01-10-2023, 01:20 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sorry to hear you had problems with the shush on your first outing but at least you caught some fish. Did you have to convert your tigner dog to propane or did it come that way?

Pictures fixed sorry bout that.

The Tinger dogs came with everything but the engine.
You can use any 13hp gx390 or similar clone.  We are running Duramax 440  that came ready for gasoline or propane from Homedepot.

Thank you for fixing the pics. That's cool the eng can run on gas or propane. How hard was it to put the engine in?
(01-10-2023, 12:46 AM)RedNekFishR Wrote: Took the Tinger Dogs out for their maiden voyage on Stawberry on Saturday.  Parked at the lot just South of Ladders and headed out. We were immediately met with slush and I got my machine stuck about 100 yards on the ice. About an hour was killed digging out and trying to go again just to get stuck again.  Decided just to fish where we were so we didn't loose more time.  Stayed til about 3pm ended up icing six fish with one Rainbow in the mix. Half were caught on a tungsten with sucker (couldn't find any chub), the other half on tungsten with plastic and meal worms.
 There was about 10 inches of snow on 8 inches slush ice about 9 inches thick.

[Image: Rainbow.jpg]

[Image: 20230107-083423.jpg]

Great Report hopefully that slush goes away soon.
FINSUP
[quote pid="1140873" dateline="1673325889"]
[quote pid="1140872" dateline="1673323563"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The engines were not too bad to put in a few modifications were made to get the belt to line up a little better but nothing big.  Took about 3 hours for first one and under an hour on second. The hardest part was hooking up the electrical without a schematic. Did alot of assuming and in the end tuition cost me a new ignition coil.
(01-11-2023, 01:45 AM)RedNekFishR Wrote: The engines were not too bad to put in a few modifications were made to get the belt to line up a little better but nothing big.  Took about 3 hours for first one and under an hour on second. The hardest part was hooking up the electrical without a schematic. Did alot of assuming and in the end tuition cost me a new ignition coil.

Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about getting one, so i'll be interested to find out how you do on your next outing with your Tinger.