Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake (Lake Trout)
Hello.  I was wondering if anybody has ice fished for lake trout at Fish Lake this year with any success? Thinking about going this weekend and 
hoping to hook into some.  I'm new to the lake trout fishing.  So if any one wants to give me some pointers it's greatly appreciated. Thanks
The fishermen who target lake trout at Fish Lake during the winter are a pretty specialized group--they tend to use a lot of the same tactics as those that target them at Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge. Tube jigs and sonars are commonly employed and you often have to be fairly patient to catch some, especially the big ones. I would suggest getting in 80+ feet of water, use your sonar to watch for fish, and work those fish that can be seen on the sonar.
(01-10-2023, 08:18 PM)Fish-N-Fnatic Wrote: Hello.  I was wondering if anybody has ice fished for lake trout at Fish Lake this year with any success? Thinking about going this weekend and 
hoping to hook into some.  I'm new to the lake trout fishing.  So if any one wants to give me some pointers it's greatly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks wormandbobber