Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Friday Night at Pineview
[Image: 8-D96-D4-D4-02-BE-4-AAF-9144-1-DFBB29863-ED.jpg]

I had to work at it, but I got my limit of 20 Crappie at Pineview last night fishing from 5PM-11:15pm. The bite is extremely lite, but there are plenty of them to be caught. The ice conditions are the best I have encountered anywhere this year, the edges where firm. the slush has frozen solid and there was just enough snow on top for traction. I was in the narrows by the Care takers house. the average size of the Crappie is a little better 9-11”
[Image: 73447474-6-A12-4-BEA-91-BF-598-A96-B6-C5-B8.jpg]
Glad you had a good trip
Way to go Shawn, congrats and glad to hear they are getting to a good size...
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Good to hear someone finally found them this Winter, thanks for the report and pics. Did you have anyone else out there sharing the ice with you?
(01-15-2023, 02:41 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Good to hear someone finally found them this Winter, thanks for the report and pics. Did you have anyone else out there sharing the ice with you?

Yes, there was a bunch of groups, looked like a small village of Ice shelters in the narrows 12-20 groups
(01-15-2023, 03:43 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 02:41 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Good to hear someone finally found them this Winter, thanks for the report and pics. Did you have anyone else out there sharing the ice with you?

Yes, there was a bunch of groups, looked like a small village of Ice shelters in the narrows 12-20 groups

Wow, that is a lot of folks out there. Have you been getting my PM's?
(01-15-2023, 04:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 03:43 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

Wow, that is a lot of folks out there. Have you been getting my PM's?
Yes I have, I'm sorry I started working on it then got side tracked, ill get back to it now.
Man Pineview is frustrating. Loaded up the snowmobile today for a test run only to arrive to closed gates at Anderson Cove. Port Ramp was closed up tight too( not new info). I went prepared with exact change for the iron ranger, but nowhere to go. Sure wish I didn't like fishing that place.

[Image: 20230115-140312.jpg]
(01-15-2023, 10:52 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Man Pineview is frustrating. Loaded up the snowmobile today for a test run only to arrive to closed gates at Anderson Cove. Port Ramp was closed up tight too( not new info). I went prepared with exact change for the iron ranger, but nowhere to go. Sure wish I didn't like fishing that place.

Not surprising, the Government says they are going to have Anderson cove open during the Winter and it's closed. About all you can believe from them is who will be running it during the Summer. Was there enough room to park your trailer at that parking lot at Wind surfer beach?
Yes it was pretty stormy today so there wasn't a lot of people at windsurfer. Parking wasn't the issue as much as me not wanting to navigate the snowmobile down to the ice from there. If theres a will , theres a way type of place. I'm nursing a sore back and didn't want to go on that adventure today. I was looking for lazy access. Oh well, maybe next time
(01-16-2023, 03:22 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Yes it was pretty stormy today so there wasn't a lot of people at windsurfer. Parking wasn't the issue as much as me not wanting to navigate the snowmobile down to the ice from there. If theres a will , theres a way type of place. I'm nursing a sore back and didn't want to go on that adventure today. I was looking for lazy access. Oh well, maybe next time

Yea, that would be tricky getting your snowmobile down to the ice from there but I was thinking you could have just parked it there and walked down to the ice.
Good to hear that the Crappie are around and want to play (if u can find them). Now that duck season is over, it's time to stock up on some taco meat!!