Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The berry 1/14
Hit it early sat, we were Leary about the slush but to our pleasant surprise it wasn’t bad at all. I think the snow was heavy enough that everything sorta compacted together. Our snowmobile never really broke through it. Had 2 guys and a heavy sled and still cruised right along. Lots of snow off the lake but the lake was good for getting around, I would proceed with caution but pretty confident I could get most places without a big prob. Fishing was decent, kinda on and off. We probably ended with about 45 between 2 of us. Some nice bows and standard slot cutts. Most were on tube jigs tipped. Weather was awesome til about 3 ish then the snow started so we bailed out.
(01-16-2023, 02:59 PM)Fubarfishin Wrote: Hit it early sat, we were Leary about the slush but to our pleasant surprise it wasn’t bad at all. I think the snow was heavy enough that everything sorta compacted together. Our snowmobile never really broke through it. Had 2 guys and a heavy sled and still cruised right along. Lots of snow off the lake but the lake was good for getting around, I would proceed with caution but pretty confident I could get most places without a big prob. Fishing was decent, kinda on and off. We probably ended with about 45 between 2 of us. Some nice bows and standard slot cutts. Most were on tube jigs tipped. Weather was awesome til about 3 ish then the snow started so we bailed out.

Sounds like a great day, good to read the slush monster was't bad for you guys. What were you tipping your jigs with?
(01-16-2023, 03:30 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 02:59 PM)Fubarfishin Wrote: Hit it early sat, we were Leary about the slush but to our pleasant surprise it wasn’t bad at all. I think the snow was heavy enough that everything sorta compacted together. Our snowmobile never really broke through it. Had 2 guys and a heavy sled and still cruised right along. Lots of snow off the lake but the lake was good for getting around, I would proceed with caution but pretty confident I could get most places without a big prob. Fishing was decent, kinda on and off. We probably ended with about 45 between 2 of us. Some nice bows and standard slot cutts. Most were on tube jigs tipped. Weather was awesome til about 3 ish then the snow started so we bailed out.

Sounds like a great day, good to read the slush monster was't bad for you guys. What were you tipping your jigs with?

Meal worm or pink gulp maggot
Great report thanks.
FINSUP