Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prius on ice!
Supposedly at DC today.
Please, please, please tell me this is true and not fake?!
[Image: D8502109-5744-4-A93-AA68-60695538-E78-E.jpg]
(01-23-2023, 04:25 AM)MrShane Wrote: Supposedly at DC today.
It's true. I saw it on my way off the ice and was shocked that someone would do that and was curious as to how it would even get off the ice and get backup that hill. As for report decent fishing rainbows only.

Yes its true. It bhappened. I seen it with  my own eyes. I saw the big ol cummins pull him off the ice and up the hill when he got stuck. I think i heard him say he was related to shane. Lol. They are amongst us I know that for a fact. Pikeman.
I saw this and wondered what is that guy thinking I guess when you think you've seen it all someone will just step up and show you that you haven't
(01-23-2023, 06:17 AM)Pikeman 99 Wrote:

Yes its true. It bhappened. I seen it with  my own eyes. I saw the big ol cummins pull him off the ice and up the hill when he got stuck. I think i heard him say he was related to shane. Lol. They are amongst us I know that for a fact. Pikeman.
Glen,
It was my evil twin!
So how thick is the ice up there? The kids in Heber drive out on the ice all the time! Back in the late 70's there were 2 pickups that went through around the Island, really funny to see the truck almost submerged with only the bed sticking out!! It usually happens on a Friday or Saturday night when they are have gone !!
So I haven't looked up the specs on this, but aren't prius' electric cars? And if electric aren't they a lot heavier than regular vehicles? If so that ice must be pretty thick to hold it up... Remember seeing an old Ford Pinto running all over Bear Lake one winter, I'm usually not very anxious, but that about put me over the edge thinking what was about to happen... It didn't they got off safe... but I got an ulcer...
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I believe they are a hybrid with motor and batteries, so probably a touch on the heavy side.
Not the vehicle I'd probably select for such a trip, but when I was in high school I used to take my Camaro deer hunting, so who am I to talk... Later J
I would think the edges are pretty soft. So a nice running start to get on and off.
(01-23-2023, 08:35 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Not the vehicle I'd probably select for such a trip, but when I was in high school I used to take my Camaro deer hunting, so who am I to talk... Later J

Not really a bad vehicle for the trip, but wouldn't take it out on the ice, revamping all my ice fishing stuff to fit in the old ladies car, we did take my buddies old comet hunting all the time in high school.
Yes I agree with you about the great car to get there idea, as long as your gear fits in it... but also question taking it on the ice, but I'm way too much of a scardy cat to take any vehicle on the ice even if it was 14" of clear ice... That's just me don't want to take my vehicle swimming even if it is just one wheel getting on and off the pond... since a snowmobile will run on softwater that's my choice for the hard water as well, so if I do hit a thin spot, as long as my speed is up I figure I won't get too wet, but that's probably without a train of sleds on behind... Later J
WELL, he did pull a trailer with all the gear !!
In the Midwest everyone drives out on the ice once it is 10" thick. I have seen mini vans with hatches in the floor so you can fish without getting out of your vehicle. The resorts even plow ice roads on the bigger lakes.