Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four species day at Lost Creek
Ira and I hit LC today, got there around 8 am. Saw lots of deer, elk even a few turkeys on the drive in. We brought our ATV's but after unloading them at the dam, we found the DWR how plowed the road all the way to the ramp parking lot for a tournament they were having today. We got on the ice with no problems but the snow was 8" deep, so we tried to stay of the paths on the way out, to our spot for the day. We set up away from everyone and I had a nice 16" bow on the ice as soon as I put my first line down, the rest of the fish were in the 12 to 14" range.  My first three fish were bows and pretty fat the last four were cutts and pretty skinny. Ira mainly caught cutts but he also caught a tiger trout and a splake. Once it started snowing pretty hard, we decided to leave, a little after 1pm. Talked to the DWR as were were leaving, at that time the big fish of the day was a tiger trout that was over 24". No pics today but one last thing, the ice was over 13" thick, with two layers of frozen slush before getting to the solid ice.
Nice report. My initial plan was to hit Lost Creek yesterday very early, but would of had to leave for home early. I decided to go somewhere closer instead.  I'm trying to get up there sometime in the near future. What area did you fish and what depth were you in?
I noticed the Cutts i caught a few weeks ago were lean and beat up. No doubt there are better fish in there, but it seems like some of the population is having a bit of a struggle.
(01-29-2023, 02:57 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Nice report. My initial plan was to hit Lost Creek yesterday very early, but would of had to leave for home early. I decided to go somewhere closer instead.  I'm trying to get up there sometime in the near future. What area did you fish and what depth were you in?

We fished in the bay just past where the lake narrows after the boat launch and just before you get to the main body of the lake. I was in 60 FOW, Ira was in 30 FOW. I caught a couple just under the ice, 7 to 10 ', the depth for me was at 25 to 30' down, even caught a couple just off the bottom about 50 to 55' down. I think Ira said he got his just under the ice and about 25 to 28' down.
(01-29-2023, 04:07 PM)EyLayo Wrote: I noticed the Cutts i caught a few weeks ago were lean and beat up. No doubt there are better fish in there, but it seems like some of the population is having a bit of a struggle.

I guess it all depends on what they are eating, since the bows are so fat, they likely have a better diet than the cutts. I doubt that 24" tiger was skinny.