Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine
Has anyone been up to porcupine recently? Any info on the road going up there?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Road is plowed up. I went up again today. There was a small SUV in front of me that went up with no problem. They went I think a little ways around. I turned back down because I was there to introduce a pup to the water in the stream below which was easily as enjoyable as fishing thru the ice to me.
(02-07-2023, 08:38 PM)packfish Wrote: Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Road is plowed up. I went up again today. There was a small SUV in front of me that went up with no problem. They went I think a little ways around. I turned back down because I was there to introduce a pup to the water in the stream below which was easily as enjoyable as fishing thru the ice to me.

Did they stop plowing the road at the top of the dam or did it look like they plowed it toward the back? Thanks for the update on the road being plowed.
(02-07-2023, 10:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 08:38 PM)packfish Wrote: Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Road is plowed up. I went up again today. There was a small SUV in front of me that went up with no problem. They went I think a little ways around. I turned back down because I was there to introduce a pup to the water in the stream below which was easily as enjoyable as fishing thru the ice to me.

Did they stop plowing the road at the top of the dam or did it look like they plowed it toward the back? Thanks for the update on the road being plowed.

There were people parked at the 1st cove a couple of days ago
Thanks Alan, could you tell if they plowed it past the dam?
(02-07-2023, 11:31 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks Alan, could you tell if they plowed it past the dam?

It’s plowed to the cattle guard, maybe to the cove. I can recon tomorrow if needed
Ok after getting to the top of the dam they have pushed some snow going toward the cattle guard but I wouldn’t say it’s plowed, more packed down then anything. You can drive to the wide spot at the 1st cove on the packed snow. After that it’s been packed down by snowmobiles and I didn’t see any evidence of people trying to drive in further
(02-08-2023, 04:35 PM)2knots Wrote: Ok after getting to the top of the dam they have pushed some snow going toward the cattle guard but I wouldn’t say it’s plowed, more packed down then anything. You can drive to the wide spot at the 1st cove on the packed snow. After that it’s been packed down by snowmobiles and I didn’t see any evidence of people trying to drive in further

Thanks for the look see Alan, if it's packed down by snowmobiles, do you think an ATV's could go down those tracks and not get stuck?
(02-08-2023, 05:16 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 04:35 PM)2knots Wrote: Ok after getting to the top of the dam they have pushed some snow going toward the cattle guard but I wouldn’t say it’s plowed, more packed down then anything. You can drive to the wide spot at the 1st cove on the packed snow. After that it’s been packed down by snowmobiles and I didn’t see any evidence of people trying to drive in further

Thanks for the look see Alan, if it's packed down by snowmobiles, do you think an ATV's could go down those tracks and not get stuck?

Well I’d think so but there is no sign that anybody has done it
(02-08-2023, 05:30 PM)2knots Wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to go see how the catching is there.
(02-10-2023, 11:41 PM)herefishyfishyfishy Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 05:30 PM)2knots Wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to go see how the catching is there.

Look forward to reading your report, good luck.