Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHO'S BEEN OUT FOR EYE'S LATELY
NEED INFO FOR SUNDAY MUST HUNT WALLEYE SOON. ITS TIME!!!
[signature]
im going out sunday morning around lincoln beach and provo....
[signature]
Hey let us know how you did out there![Wink]
[signature]
WHERE YA GOIN TO CHASE WALLY AROUND?? HOW IS CHUCK DOING? WHERE ARE THE WALLEYE ACTIONS STARTING UP THIS EARLY?
[signature]
It abit early for eyes'. Oldtimers tells me the weather gotta be up in the low 50's before it starts stackin up in rivers...
[signature]
CHUCK IS DOING WELL THANX HE STARTS THERAPY MON. BATLE CREEK IS MY STARTING POINT ON SUNDAY. THEN ILL HEAD FOR PROVO INLET. AND IVE CAUGHT MANY GOOD EYES IN FEB AND MARCH. JUST HAVE TO BE THERE TO FIND THEM THEY ARE HUNGRY IN PRESPAWN.
[signature]
I'll probably be going to the Utah Lake State park tomorrow morning to give it a shot.
[signature]
I have tried the Jordan river several times for eyes with no luck . Will report if I find them .
[signature]
I hit the jordan again today. My friend Ronda caught one eye on power bait. Sheer luck. The jordan's still about 2 weeks from d-day.
[signature]
POWER BAIT!!! NO WAY THAT IS THE FIRST I HAVE EVER HERD OF AN EYE EATING SLIMER BAIT. WOW NOW IVE HERD IT ALL. CROSSINEYE
[signature]
I thought she was nuts! We were sitting there on the bank playing egyptian rat killer(don't ask) and the next thing we knew her pole was doubled over and she hooked into a 2 pound walleye. Go figure. I had on a dead minnow, and that darn fish still took the power bait! Must've been really hungry!
[signature]
[laugh]LOL,, all god's creatures will do strange things,, or what we might think is goofy..

Moon's ago while a bunch of us were behind Geneva fishing for Cats a pal of mine got frustrated after not getting bit and decided to try something completely off track.. We'd all been to Micky_D's just before heading down behind Geneva so he walked back to his pickup and brought down what he had left of a Big Mac attach.. Yep,, he hooked up a big chuck of burger and flipped it out about 30' while hanging under a bobber.. We all laughed our but#'s off but 15 minutes later we were all digging for left over Big Mac after he'd landed a 3 pound male Eye. Personally,, I always figured it must have had something to do with the special sauce because no self-respecting eye would merely go for that hamburger.. LOL!

Last winter at Scolfield my brother got sick of being left out of the bite and started goofing off.. He'd been using the same rig the rest of us had but hadnt had a bite all day.. Just being goofing he sweetend the jig with a chuck of chip then dropped it down the hole and boom!,, he handed a nice bow. He then left without gettin' skunked for the day,,lol!

I suppose it just goes to prove,, they'll bite what they bite and perhaps find the most interesting. And just maybe like or anyone else,, sometimes a change is simply the best thing..
[signature]