Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Ice/snow condition
Does anyone have a recent report on the Ice/ snow conditions on the reservoir? Can you drive a four wheeler/ side by side on it? How much snow is on the ice? Any slush? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
FINSUP
I was there Saturday the 11th. Lots of good solid ice. about a foot of snow on top. No slush that I encountered. Saw a lot of snowmobiles and one tracked ATV but I didn't notice any wheeled vehicles where I was. I parked at Chicken Creek and snowmobiled to the middle of the triangle. Lots of cuts, one nice bow and no kokanee.
(02-14-2023, 08:21 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I was there Saturday the 11th. Lots of good solid ice. about a foot of snow on top. No slush that I encountered. Saw a lot of snowmobiles and one tracked ATV but I didn't notice any wheeled vehicles where I was. I parked at Chicken Creek and snowmobiled to the middle of the triangle. Lots of cuts, one nice bow and no kokanee.

Thank you for the info FishfulThinkin.
FINSUP
I was there Saturday and there was a four wheeler all the way down to the south shoreline of Renegade.  We used the shuttle service and encountered zero slush.
(02-15-2023, 02:59 AM)FINSUP Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 08:21 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I was there Saturday the 11th. Lots of good solid ice. about a foot of snow on top. No slush that I encountered. Saw a lot of snowmobiles and one tracked ATV but I didn't notice any wheeled vehicles where I was. I parked at Chicken Creek and snowmobiled to the middle of the triangle. Lots of cuts, one nice bow and no kokanee.

What was the water depth where you fished and what was the bait of choice you used. T.I.A.
(02-16-2023, 01:13 AM)Kent Wrote: I was there Saturday and there was a four wheeler all the way down to the south shoreline of Renegade.  We used the shuttle service and encountered zero slush.

Shuttle service??
(02-17-2023, 05:57 PM)Redrebel Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 01:13 AM)Kent Wrote: I was there Saturday and there was a four wheeler all the way down to the south shoreline of Renegade.  We used the shuttle service and encountered zero slush.

Shuttle service??

The Strawberry Marina offers a shuttle service.  For $45, per person, they will take you out, to a location of your choice (I doubt that they would take one all the way to Soldier Creek) and come back and get you. 

Winter Rentals - Strawberry Bay Marina
(02-17-2023, 08:52 PM)UKent Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 05:57 PM)Redrebel Wrote:

Shuttle service??

The Strawberry Marina offers a shuttle service.  For $45, per person, they will take you out, to a location of your choice (I doubt that they would take one all the way to Soldier Creek) and come back and get you. 

Winter Rentals - Strawberry Bay Marina
Awesome! Thanks!!!
(02-16-2023, 02:00 AM)icejunkie Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 02:59 AM)FINSUP Wrote:

What was the water depth where you fished and what was the bait of choice you used. T.I.A.

I was fishing in 74 feet of water with jigs and kokanee tackle. Night crawlers and pink Berkely maggots were the bait. Caught cuts at all depths including a few down 70+. The rainbow was at about 25 I believe.