Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 2/20
I got up early, arrived later than I wanted due to the bridge construction and resulting detour through Henefer. Dodged a few deer and a white jackrabbit between the Henefer exit and Croydon. I arrived to an empty parking lot,  a stiff wind and snowing. Took my annual long hike back into the back arm of the lake looking for a lunker. Found quite a few fish, but no slotbusters today.

Best fishing was before light. Lots of marks and most were willing to bite. I caught and released 8 between 6 and 7 am, all Cutts. All but 2 were slot fish with the largest between 18 and 19". Then it got light and I felt like I was at Pineview, they all disappeared.  I ended up moving uplake even further and found some more fish but they were picky and still a bit scarce. I caught another 8 to 10 between 7 and a little after noon when I called it quits.

I feel young, but that hike back out was tough. I guess I was nearly 1.5 miles from the dam with a round trip of over 3 miles. The hill at the end...uugghh.

All these fish were slot fish between 17 and 19". Must have been planted around the same time, whenever that was.

[Image: 20230220-060944.jpg]

[Image: 20230220-072709.jpg]

[Image: 20230220-092527.jpg]

[Image: 20230220-120507.jpg]

[Image: 20230220-122050.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20230220-160450-Connect.jpg]
Thanks for the great report and pics.  It sounds like you earned those fish.

That tape measure has got some miles on it. Big Grin
Thanks. Yes it is time for a replacement. Ha ha!
Nice job Paul, sounds like a lot of work... Probably deeper snow than the Bear Lake pull and that one is rough on me these days and no uphill... Congrats on some good catching... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
If you stayed in the snowmobile tracks you were OK.  Off the track, about a foot of snow and tough walking.
(02-21-2023, 03:25 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: If you stayed in the snowmobile tracks you were OK.  Off the track, about a foot of snow and tough walking.

We found the same to be true even with our ATV's, get off the tracks and it was tough going, although with Alan's snowmobile it was easy going in that powder. You got in there at a good time and did good, after this next storm, it could be much tougher. What did you think about that road from Henifer to Croydon?
The road was terrible. Potholes were really bad in some parts and it really needs some maintenance.  I'm sure all those big trucks from the cement plant aren't helping either.
(02-21-2023, 02:29 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: The road was terrible. Potholes were really bad in some parts and it really needs some maintenance.  I'm sure all those big trucks from the cement plant aren't helping either.
Agreed and I bet the people living along that road hate it as well, any idea on when they will get that new bridge completed ?
(02-21-2023, 02:35 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 02:29 PM)Jig-fisher Wrote: The road was terrible. Potholes were really bad in some parts and it really needs some maintenance.  I'm sure all those big trucks from the cement plant aren't helping either.
Agreed and I bet the people living along that road hate it as well, any idea on when they will get that new bridge completed ?

I don't know. I peeked over on the drive home and the old bridge is gone, but nothing I could see had been started on a replacement.
Heck of a haul to where you went Paul, glad you had a good day
(02-21-2023, 02:49 PM)2knots Wrote: Heck of a haul to where you went Paul, glad you had a good day

I always bring too much stuff and that sled is not light. I need to lighten the load a bit. Thanks.