Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard drive by report
No fishing today but the lake water level is raising, with a clear gap from shore to the ice. South marina channel is open, out into the Bay and water is coming in at full force. Lots of eagles up there today, Golden and Bald eagles.

[Image: North-marina-ramp.jpg]

[Image: N-willard-looking-north.jpg]

[Image: eagle-at-North-marina.jpg]

[Image: mouth-of-South-marina.jpg]

[Image: Willard-south-channel.jpg]

Wow almost 2 docks floating at the north marina, they must of really turned the spigot on. It will be nice if it’s full again. Thanks for the report
(02-24-2023, 10:10 PM)2knots Wrote: Wow almost 2 docks floating at the north marina, they must of really turned the spigot on. It will be nice if it’s full again. Thanks for the report

Nice thanks Curt, how long do you think it will be before ice off? Can't wait.
(02-25-2023, 10:26 PM)oldguy Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 10:10 PM)2knots Wrote: Wow almost 2 docks floating at the north marina, they must of really turned the spigot on. It will be nice if it’s full again. Thanks for the report

Nice thanks Curt, how long do you think it will be before ice off? Can't wait.

At the rate the water is raising, it could be as soon as two weeks or less. I think it all depends on the temps, if we start getting daytime temps that are consistently in the 40's, it could be very soon. Just got back from fishing the channel at the South marina, just since yesterday the water has opened up at least a 1/4 mile out into the Bay, past where there was ice yesterday. Here is pic from today.

[Image: South-marina-channel.jpg]
Got up to Willard again today for a look see. No pics but the the ramp on the West side that was out of the water is now covered about two feet to the drop off. The shoreline around the lake is open about 5 to 10 ft depending on the location. It's looking good folks, won't be long now.
(03-02-2023, 12:43 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got up to Willard again today for a look see. No pics but the the ramp on the West side that was out of the water is now covered about two feet to the drop off. The shoreline around the lake is open about 5 to 10 ft depending on the location. It's looking good folks, won't be long now.

I suspect it will be filling at a faster rate now, news said they are starting to let more water out of the reservoirs due to the anticipated run off. I’m ready for some boat time
(03-02-2023, 01:02 AM)2knots Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 12:43 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got up to Willard again today for a look see. No pics but the the ramp on the West side that was out of the water is now covered about two feet to the drop off. The shoreline around the lake is open about 5 to 10 ft depending on the location. It's looking good folks, won't be long now.

I suspect it will be filling at a faster rate now, news said they are starting to let more water out of the reservoirs due to the anticipated run off. I’m ready for some boat time

Typically once the water level starts to rise and the ice starts pulling away from the shore, all it takes is a good strong sustained wind and the ice will be gone.
(03-02-2023, 01:51 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Typically once the water level starts to rise and the ice starts pulling away from the shore, all it takes is a good strong sustained wind and the ice will be gone.

Just saw the news story again, it’s Dell they’re letting the water out of, probably the rest will follow. Ok come on wind
I have noticed the increase of flow going across the Ogden River on Wall Ave. Its getting closer and closer to the soft deck. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Got out there again today to see if things looked any better, North marina looks like it has frozen more than it was two weeks ago but the South marina has opened up some more. My guess is after the coming warm up, the South marina will warm up enough to launch a boat, maybe with some luck to bay will start opening up as well.

[Image: north-marina-ramp-3-8-23.jpg]

[Image: south-marina-ramp-3-8-23.jpg]

While ice fishing Rockport yesterday ( Tues.) the level dropped 2 feet from when I started, 0900, to 2:00 pm...
(03-09-2023, 12:25 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got out there again today to see if things looked any better, North marina looks like it has frozen more than it was two weeks ago but the South marina has opened up some more. My guess is after the coming warm up, the South marina will warm up enough to launch a boat, maybe with some luck to bay will start opening up as well.

[Image: north-marina-ramp-3-8-23.jpg]

[Image: south-marina-ramp-3-8-23.jpg]

Curtis, how much has the water risen since your last trip?
(03-09-2023, 03:22 AM)Kent Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 12:25 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got out there again today to see if things looked any better, North marina looks like it has frozen more than it was two weeks ago but the South marina has opened up some more. My guess is after the coming warm up, the South marina will warm up enough to launch a boat, maybe with some luck to bay will start opening up as well.

Curtis, how much has the water risen since your last trip?

Sorry Kent, I really didn't pay attention, I'll check it out tomorrow but the water was coming in just as fast as the week before, so it must have come up some.
My boats sitting on 'Ready' Curt.  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I found it strange there is still so much ice on Willard... In January when it melted, it was gone in a couple days... It's been over two weeks since the word came out the ice wasn't safe anymore and from the road yesterday it still looked like a ton of ice was left capping the bay... maybe the warm and storm will clear it out??? Like I mentioned in another post, ice conditions are deteriorating very quickly, so I'm not advocating its time to go ice fish it... It just surprises me that it hasn't cleared yet... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-09-2023, 03:57 PM)dubob Wrote: My boats sitting on 'Ready' Curt.  Big Grin

I have been ready since October. Pulling my hair out.