Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL state park
I went out this morning for a couple of hours.  Ice is about 3” or so with 1/2” slush on top.  There was quite a few fishermen out today.  I caught some white bass to make fish tacos.
[Image: B015-A43-B-FC26-4-E43-804-A-5-D673298-AD28.jpg]

[Image: BC855273-FF03-42-DB-A85-D-F05-A3-DE5-B590.jpg]
(02-26-2023, 10:51 PM)hook_sets Wrote: I went out this morning for a couple of hours.  Ice is about 3” or so with 1/2” slush on top.  There was quite a few fishermen out today.  I caught some white bass to make fish tacos.

You sure have those WB figured out but I wonder how much longer that ice will last, now that a lot of the lake is opening up. Have you ever caught WB off the dock while vertical jigging when there is no ice?
(02-28-2023, 08:58 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-26-2023, 10:51 PM)hook_sets Wrote: I went out this morning for a couple of hours.  Ice is about 3” or so with 1/2” slush on top.  There was quite a few fishermen out today.  I caught some white bass to make fish tacos.

You sure have those WB figured out but I wonder how much longer that ice will last, now that a lot of the lake is opening up. Have you ever caught WB off the dock while vertical jigging when there is no ice?

In my opinion, the ice will be gone here in the next 2 weeks.  I've caught WB vertical jigging on the dock in soft water before.  When there is open water I like casting jig for crappies.
I can’t believe there’s even ice in the harbor still. These past few days have been WARM.
We've caught quite a few wb jigging from the docks when the ice is off. It's a good way to get kids started and a fine way to come up with fresh catfish bait.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.