Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Contest Thoughts
Many times it's tough to get a good, readable Catfish length photo.
I would just as soon stick to the 1/2 inch measurements. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
With all the thinkin and inputs and outputs form everyone it seems like a poll would be the way to decide what everyone would like do, Im good with anything, multi species is what I would like to see for the most part cats come second after eyes that I target, I haven't found any good cat places yet.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks Mike and Forest I appreciate your comments... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I'm also in on the half inch increments for the channels, to battle or argue over a quarter inch or almost touching the line over a fun friendly challenge is a little much. Especially with no money involved. And ad much as I love other species I feel personally the cat challenge is different and special vs a multi species. But thatd just my thoughts. Also I've got my boat now and kinda did it just for catfishing so if anyone wants to go out on it lemme know! And I usually go strong in the beginning but as a hunter kind of loose the motivation around August when I start scouting or get into my hunting mindset so I'm open to the split season if not no worries though.
Hopefully 3 like this come quick this year!
[Image: 59307.jpg]
(03-13-2023, 02:20 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I'm also in on the half inch increments for the channels, to battle or argue over a quarter inch or almost touching the line over a fun friendly challenge is a little much. Especially with no money involved. And ad much as I love other species I feel personally the cat challenge is different and special vs a multi species. But thatd just my thoughts. Also I've got my boat now and kinda did it just for catfishing so if anyone wants to go out on it lemme know! And I usually go strong in the beginning but as a hunter kind of loose the motivation around August when I start scouting or get into my hunting mindset so I'm open to the split season if not no worries though.
I'm with you, I bought my boat for catfishing though my kids had to have a tube. If possible we should try to go out fishing on Utah lake if that is your body of water???? That is an awesome fish you have in that picture 3 of those would be awesome,how big if you don't mind me asking
(03-14-2023, 02:37 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 02:20 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: I'm also in on the half inch increments for the channels, to battle or argue over a quarter inch or almost touching the line over a fun friendly challenge is a little much. Especially with no money involved. And ad much as I love other species I feel personally the cat challenge is different and special vs a multi species. But thatd just my thoughts. Also I've got my boat now and kinda did it just for catfishing so if anyone wants to go out on it lemme know! And I usually go strong in the beginning but as a hunter kind of loose the motivation around August when I start scouting or get into my hunting mindset so I'm open to the split season if not no worries though.
I'm with you, I bought my boat for catfishing though my kids had to have a tube. If possible we should try to go out fishing on Utah lake if that is your body of water???? That is an awesome fish you have in that picture 3 of those would be awesome,how big if you don't mind me asking

Not sure on the size, alot of times um to excited to put them in the livewell for a fish fry to even measure them!  He's probably 13lbs maybe I dunno, utah lake is my favorite cat lake and cats are my go to fish so I end up there quite a but although I mostly fish the west side launching from Saratoga, but I'd be down to go and see how each other fishes. They way I fish may not be the same as how you do