Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strawberry 3/4/23
Fished the Ladders area in 25 FOW.  Action was fairly fast all day for cutts and a nice rainbow.  All the cutts were in the slot.  Most in the 20" range.  We used butterworms and various jigs in white color.  

The slush was definitely an issue.  At times we were trudging through 6 inches of water.  I did see a couple snowmobiles on the ice. 
[Image: PXL-20230304-223139409.jpg]
That slush monster is gona get worse - me thinks. Last part of the ice season is going to be a challenge

How were the crowds at the ladders? I know sometimes it can be a bit cramped there
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(03-05-2023, 08:12 PM)percheye Wrote: Fished the Ladders area in 25 FOW.  Action was fairly fast all day for cutts and a nice rainbow.  All the cutts were in the slot.  Most in the 20" range.  We used butterworms and various jigs in white color.  

The slush was definitely an issue.  At times we were trudging through 6 inches of water.  I did see a couple snowmobiles on the ice. 
Can you get through ice with stock auger length (I think mine is 24” flute length) and then I have a Milwaukee drill motor attached.
Thank you.
(03-05-2023, 10:14 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: That slush monster is gona get worse - me thinks. Last part of the ice season is going to be a challenge

How were the  crowds at the ladders? I know sometimes it can be a bit cramped there

Not too bad. The parking lot was maybe a quarter full.  Chicken Creek looked much busier.

(03-06-2023, 12:07 AM)MrShane Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 08:12 PM)percheye Wrote: Fished the Ladders area in 25 FOW.  Action was fairly fast all day for cutts and a nice rainbow.  All the cutts were in the slot.  Most in the 20" range.  We used butterworms and various jigs in white color.  

Can you get through ice with stock auger length (I think mine is 24” flute length) and then I have a Milwaukee drill motor attached.
Thank you.
I think that would be a close call.  I cut my holes by hand with a Mora auger.  I had to extend the handle a couple notches or I would of been cutting on my knees.