Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look at Lincoln Beach
beautiful day today so decided to check out conditions at Lincoln. Water level is coming up slowly. No evidence of any launchings yet but the water line in coming up. Spring Creek is very high and the fields south of the lake are all flooded. The creek is close to over-running its banks and we have not even had any serious run off yet.

A couple of guys fishing the launch area (no ketchin' observed), same for 1st and 2nd springs. No ice anywhere and Bird Island was clearly visible. The big pond was calm as glass and I kinda wished I had my yak with me. Soon.

[Image: IMG-0134orchard.jpg]
Orchard area

[Image: ramp-IMG-0130.jpg]
Ramp

[Image: Ichannei-MG-0131.jpg]
Launch channel.

[Image: Ifirst-spring-MG-0132.jpg]
First spring

Almost time to dig out the boat and put new line on polls. Mike (MSM1970) will be out there hauling in the walleyes any day now.
I think we will have water to fish in this year. Bring it on.

Lynn aka BLK
thanks again Lyn, its time to get ready now so your making the reports not reading about them.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the report Lynn, you saved me a trip! The ice is almost gone at the State Park, I suspected it would be at Lincoln but I was thinking of driving out there for a look see. I took my boat out of Lindon last weekend and found a few bugs to fix so I won't be out again until next weekend, weather permitting.

This weekend's storm should clear out Provo.

I have yet to launch at Lincoln since I got a bigger boat last summer. 

The water level graphs say the lake is up over 2 feet since Nov 12 of last year. I didn't think to start tracking until then but that should be within an inch or 2 of last years low water point. That should make the Lincoln channel around 2.5' I think. I've determined that the new ride needs about 18" to not drag the bottom, so I won't shy away from Lincoln this year. I just have to keep the trailer out of the washout hole at the end of the ramp!

I'm looking forward to your reports, your 36 inch cat and a great year Smile
(03-10-2023, 03:33 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Thanks for the report Lynn, you saved me a trip! The ice is almost gone at the State Park, I suspected it would be at Lincoln but I was thinking of driving out there for a look see. I took my boat out of Lindon last weekend and found a few bugs to fix so I won't be out again until next weekend, weather permitting.

This weekend's storm should clear out Provo.

I have yet to launch at Lincoln since I got a bigger boat last summer. 

The water level graphs say the lake is up over 2 feet since Nov 12 of last year. I didn't think to start tracking until then but that should be within an inch or 2 of last years low water point. That should make the Lincoln channel around 2.5' I think. I've determined that the new ride needs about 18" to not drag the bottom, so I won't shy away from Lincoln this year. I just have to keep the trailer out of the washout hole at the end of the ramp!

I'm looking forward to your reports, your 36 inch cat and a great year Smile

Hi Jim and thanks for the come back. I think the Lincoln launch is doable with the trim up out to the big water. The hole at the end of the launch is a real killer. I rigged a 2x6 length of oak on the belly of my trailer and it will lift my boat and trailer up over the hump. I have seen guys rip the spring shackles from their trailer trying to get past that drop off. Hopefully it will not be an issue this year.

Sure was good to see the water level coming up. It was depressing to be able to almost walk across the channel last year. Spring Creek is running very high and is already flooding the fields. Hope we don't get a sudden warm  up. Huh
See you on the water.... soon??
Lynn