Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the water pics of Willard
Here are some pics we took today, ice is gone past The Island, ice is right at the Feed lot and about 1/2 mile from the SW corner.

[Image: SW-corner.jpg]

SW corner

[Image: thick-ice.jpg]

Thick ice on the South shore

[Image: stacked-ice.jpg]

Stacked ice by the feed lot

[Image: feed-lot-ice.jpg]

Feed lot

[Image: ice-toward-north-marina.jpg]

Ice looking toward the North marina

[Image: birds-on-the-ice.jpg]

Birds on the ice, we saw swans, geese, ducks, seagulls, even eagles
Nice show and tell!!!
I see a pole tip. Did it wiggle
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Those pics are great, looking forward catching them crappies.  Any info on water depth at the North marina?  Thanks.
(03-18-2023, 11:46 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I see a pole tip. Did it wiggle

LOL, no fish were harmed in the taking of these pic.
(03-18-2023, 12:15 PM)hook_sets Wrote: Those pics are great, looking forward catching them crappies.  Any info on water depth at the North marina?  Thanks.

We launched from the South marina, still too much ice in the bay outside the North marina but the water in the South marina was 5 ft so it has come up 3 ft from last Fall. My best guess is the North marina is about the same 5 to 6ft in the marina and the channel being a few ft deeper.
(03-18-2023, 12:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-18-2023, 11:46 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I see a pole tip. Did it wiggle

LOL, no fish were harmed in the taking of these pic.

Awesome thanks curt will be out there this week
Thanks for the update Curt, I couldn't believe there was still a big ice sheet when I went down Friday night, hope that clears out soon so the north end opens up... Thanks for the report... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
One thing I forgot to mention, now that they have opened the gates back up at the baffles, the water coming in is almost a chocolate brown. It goes straight out into the bay and appears to wrap around and go toward the SW corner. It is fairly clear in other areas.
(03-20-2023, 02:55 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks for the update Curt, I couldn't believe there was still a big ice sheet when I went down Friday night, hope that clears out soon so the north end opens up... Thanks for the report... Jeff

I know what you mean, most years the North marina area opens up first but it's different this year for some reason. My best guess is the wind is coming out of the South more this year.
With all this crazy weather i still havent gotten urge to respool lines, organize lures etc. This weather has been crazy
(03-27-2023, 09:03 PM)goose_716 Wrote: With all this crazy weather i still havent gotten urge to respool lines, organize lures etc.  This weather has been crazy

You better get it done soon, won't be long now, those walleye are calling your name Bob.