Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith Morehouse
I would expect SmithMorehouse to have an extremely solid ice cap?
I buried my Dad four Saturdays ago from a year long battle with Dementia.
The real rough months were during ice season and only made it to Provo boat harbor for two one-hour trips.
I do not regret losing ice season to taking care of my Dad but I would like to get one trip in before I have to put my ice equipment away.
If anyone has been to SM would you mind commenting on parking, ice thickness, fish reports, etc.
I wouldn’t mind Strawberry either but my drill is only good for 28” or so.
I guess I could find some days-old holes and redrill through them.
I can’t believe I missed jumbo season at RP…..
Been down that road of caring for an aging father and mother with dementia. Hard to let them go but harder to see them in that condition. My heart goes out to you.

I have not seen or heard of any recent SM reports but would have to believe it is in good condition if you can get there.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Sorry to hear about your dad, we all have that certain music to face unfortunately. My dad passed in 06' from a fall he was unable to recover from. Mom went in 13' from dementia, I was able for her to hear my voice over a brief phone call and within 2hrs she was gone, living 700mi away when both parents passed. 
No conditions report here on Smith Morehouse. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
So sorry to hear Mr Shane. Lost my dad to the same Jan 31st. I took three of my nephews up to Pineview the next night chasing crappie. Great memories with family. My source tells me Strawberry ice is still good. I’ll be up there with my wife Sat. I hope the slush isn’t too bad. My wife has never been willing to go to Strawberry because it’s so far, long day. Good luck and again, condolences.
Thank you Cowboy, BDuck, and Troutster.
It sucks but was a blessing he went so fast.
My Dad was a cowboy in Wyoming in the 50’s and 60’s then a Vietnam killer for our freedoms we have now.
It sucked to see him in diapers being spoon fed those last few months and he did not know who I or my Mom were the last 100 days.
What really sucked was getting zero help from the VA.
We have a cabin up by Smith Morehouse. We were last there in mid-March. We checked out the road at Thousand Oaks. It was only passable by snowmobile and then we decided there was just too much snow up there. Not even sure if you could make it all the way to the lake. Turned around and headed to RP. It's only be snowing ever since we were up there. Good luck- hope you can make it out!

[Image: smith-morehouse-Mar-3.jpg]
My condolences. I drove by Rockport last evening and the edges looked fine. I know that's not the berry or Smith and Morehouse. Just thought I'd put it out there.
[Image: PXL-20230322-004043813.jpg]
(03-22-2023, 10:15 PM)PMacattack Wrote: We have a cabin up by Smith Morehouse. We were last there in mid-March. We checked out the road at Thousand Oaks. It was only passable by snowmobile and then we decided there was just too much snow up there. Not even sure if you could make it all the way to the lake. Turned around and headed to RP. It's only be snowing ever since we were up there. Good luck- hope you can make it out!

[Image: smith-morehouse-Mar-3.jpg]
Daaaang!
So much different than last year!!

(03-22-2023, 11:14 PM)percheye Wrote: My condolences.  I drove by Rockport last evening and the edges looked fine.  I know that's not the berry or Smith and Morehouse.  Just thought I'd put it out there.
[Image: PXL-20230322-004043813.jpg]

Interesting!
That is actually where I would prefer to be but had written it off with last couple of reports of nobody seeming to risk the ice?
MrShane I dread the day that my father gets worse but I know it's coming. I care for him now and have done so for past 2 years. He actually was alone then and died on golf course and was brought back by CPR. I don't regret the time I'm getting with him just hard to see the weakness and dementia taking over. I hope you can find your lake your wanting and can get out I've fishing.
(03-23-2023, 07:57 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: MrShane I dread the day that my father gets worse but I know it's coming. I care for him now and have done so for past 2 years. He actually was alone then and died on golf course and was brought back by CPR. I don't regret the time I'm getting with him just hard to see the weakness and dementia taking over. I hope you can find your lake your wanting and can get out I've fishing.

Thank you all for the condolences and well wishes.
MrShane, thanks for sharing your heart felt story. I also had to take a back seat to the outdoors helping care giving for my Mom and a friends Mom. 4 years, it is hard knowing the out come of buying more time. I was so lucky to have had family, friends growing up in the outdoors. I do want to look into fishing Smith Morehouse.
Had lunch with a friend last Friday that has a cabin near by S&M. He said he has 52 inches of snow at his cabin, but he hasn't been down to the reservoir.