Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming side - FG
Is it worth it to get the boat registered and fishing license for Wyoming when fishing Flaming Gorge? I noticed kokanee limit is 1 less in Wyoming vs Utah. But not sure if the fishing is better on the Wyoming side?

Thoughts?
(03-25-2023, 03:34 AM)danell Wrote: Is it worth it to get the boat registered and fishing license for Wyoming when fishing Flaming Gorge? I noticed kokanee limit is 1 less in Wyoming vs Utah. But not sure if the fishing is better on the Wyoming side?

Thoughts?
I always recommend getting the Wyoming tags because you never know where the hot bite is going to be and I personally hate not having the option to fish the entire Lake. Just my two cents.
The limit on the Wyoming side was raised to 4 also, but you can only have 1 daily limit in possession
(03-25-2023, 02:01 PM)2knots Wrote: The limit on the Wyoming side was raised to 4 also, but you can only have 1 daily limit in possession
True that!  BUT - if you're staying in an RV or motel in Utah, you can still have a 2-day possession limit in your RV or motel in Utah.  I always stay at the Villa Inn or at the Luverne Campground.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
How much will it cost to get a Wyoming sticker for the boat and Wyoming fishing license to fish the Wyoming side.
Makes sense. Guess I'll be getting em both. I agree better safe than sorry.

Good to know about the 2-day possession limit.

Thanks
So can you catch a limit in Wyoming and then catch a second limit in Utah on the same day ?
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Ask-Game-and-Fish/J...r-reciproc

Purchase an AIS Decal
https://wgfapps.wyo.gov/elso/elsoaiswelcome.aspx
Thanks Robert
(03-25-2023, 03:50 PM)wayno945 Wrote: So can you catch a limit in Wyoming and then catch a second limit in Utah on the same day ?
NO!
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."