Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 3/25/23
Wish I could report fast action but that wasn't the case today.  Fished in 23 fow off from the main ramp.  Was able to hook a decent rainbow but lost it at the hole. 
No perch came to play. Didn't see much action on the finder near the bottom.

It was cold and felt more like early February than late March.  There is probably 14 inches of "good" ice then 6 inches of cloudy, white ice.  We encountered a tiny bit of slush getting on the lake.  People were out on four wheelers and snowmobiles. 

[Image: PXL-20230325-221942025.jpg]
(03-26-2023, 12:35 AM)percheye Wrote: Wish I could report fast action but that wasn't the case today.  Fished in 23 fow off from the main ramp.  Was able to hook a decent rainbow but lost it at the hole. 

It was cold and felt more like early February than late March.  There is probably 14 inches of "good" ice then 6 inches of cloudy, white ice.  We encountered a tiny bit of slush getting on the lake.  People were out on four wheelers and snowmobiles. 

Sounds like the same spot we fished at last month, wasn't any good for us either. From your pic it looks like a nice day at least. Did you move around any?
(03-26-2023, 02:55 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 12:35 AM)percheye Wrote: Wish I could report fast action but that wasn't the case today.  Fished in 23 fow off from the main ramp.  Was able to hook a decent rainbow but lost it at the hole. 

Sounds like the same spot we fished at last month, wasn't any good for us either. From your pic it looks like a nice day at least. Did you move around any?
We didn't move.  Probably should have.
I fished RP a week ago, but from the west side coming in from the 2nd bathroom pullout. Jumbos were hiding somewhere, but not where I was. The only one I caught was in about 50 FOW in the middle of the lake south of the boat ramp. Moved 5 times without catching much till the last hole just west of the 2nd pullout in 20ish FOW. Then it was just dinks, a lot of them, but nothing over 6-7”. I don’t have exact depths because my finder battery crapped out on me and I was just measuring by how many cranks it was from the bottom.
Anyone fishing RP tomorrow (3/28)?
We could take radios and gang up on some jumbos?
No sir Mr. Shane. My butt is baking in Mexico this week. Apparently winter hit with a vengeance yesterday. Not here though Wink

If I were home, I’d tak you up on the offer though. I know, cold comfort…
(03-28-2023, 01:15 AM)MWScott72 Wrote: No sir Mr. Shane.  My butt is baking in Mexico this week.  Apparently winter hit with a vengeance yesterday.  Not here though Wink

If I were home, I’d tak you up on the offer though.  I know, cold comfort…
I was in Bora Bora about a month ago, right after my Dad passed.
I feel your ‘pain’ being in that hot weather.
Next time!