Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any electrical engineers on here?
I'm wanting to reorganize/ update a switch panel on my boat. I've been doing the 'Tube diy research route so far. Things look fairly straightforward to this point, but I know wiring sometimes can be fouled up by 1 wrong wire. I plan on doing all the work. Wondering if someone in the know would be willing to answer a question or 3, or possibly check my work after complete? Let me know.
Shawn, if you find one, also send him/her my way. I want to make some sort of battery box to power my underwater camera. My current battery only lasts 3 to 3 1/2 hours and they don't sell separate battery-box units.
Try this site, I've gotten parts from them. They can design a panel for you.

New Wire Marine | Switch Panels | Switches | Rocker Switch Covers | Wire
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Shawn, I don't know what you're wiring in, but most of the stuff I wired to a new box in my old boat was really straight forward I'm sure you'd be able to do easy with your talents, so you must have something more complex in mind... Simple I can help with, but probably not the complex... Let me know what you have in mind and I'd be glad to help if I can.... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-02-2023, 11:22 PM)EyLayo Wrote: I'm wanting to reorganize/ update a switch panel on my boat. I've been doing the 'Tube diy research route so far. Things look fairly straightforward to this point, but I know wiring sometimes can be fouled up by 1 wrong wire. I plan on doing all the work. Wondering if someone in the know would be willing to answer a question or 3, or possibly check my work after complete? Let me know.
I was a radar technician for 20 years, and a radar systems engineer for 20 more (Weber State BSEET degree).  How can I help?  I'll send you my phone number via PM.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."