Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP 4-7-23
Anyone headed up tomorrow?
Might be the last day it is ice fishable…
Edges solid for now.
Ice about 20-21” but top half is getting soft fast.
After this weekend warm up it might be a little iffy.
I know I won’t be going back.
One decent Bow, 6 or 7 dink Perch, and one 8” Perch.
Moved seven times and still could not find a hot spot.
It is cool to see all the Elk and Deer feeding along the road to the marina.
Those poor animals need a warm up to melt snow off their feed as soon as possible.
[Image: A479-AF13-D838-47-DE-A4-F0-0-CEE4-E17-F46-E.jpg]

[Image: D4-D29486-3126-45-C8-9-CD8-9-CB1-FA5-DB002.jpg]
There was a heard of elk laying out on echo ice all day today
(04-08-2023, 02:05 AM)MrShane Wrote: Edges solid for now.
Those poor animals need a warm up to melt snow off their feed as soon as possible.

Glad to hear a few members are getting out and still icing some fish, that looks like a nice bow too, how long do you think it was? I think there is going to be a lot of dead deer in those hills, when things start to melt, long Winters and heavy snow are never good for wildlife.
(04-08-2023, 07:29 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Glad to hear a few members are getting out and still icing some fish, that looks like a nice bow too, how long do you think it was? I think there is going to be a lot of dead deer in those hills, when things start to melt, long Winters and heavy snow are never good for wildlife.
We've had to have DNR come get 2 dead here, same as our neighbor as well. You'd just find one under a shrub ,no damage, just curled up and dead. Very Sad to come across them.
I went to RP a week ago and saw this at Peoa on the way home. I've seen elk in haystacks etc. but last week as we drove by these elk were actually standing right with the horses eating out of the same manger. They moved off when I stopped to take their photo but it's been a rough winter for our wildlife. 
[Image: 20230325-171548.jpg]

Hi Curt,
I did not measure it so I could hurry and send it on it’s way, probably a bit shy of 18”.
Enough snow has melted you can see carcasses off side of road.
Big game hunting in that area is going to be a little rough in the next few years.
I run a disabled/Veteran Doe Deer hunt in the Coalville area thanks to the generosity of a local land owner and I doubt I will get any tags to gift this year.
I already had two disabled Vet’s lined up to take out and I’m afraid I will have to break their excited hearts this season…

Hi Curt,
I did not measure it so I could hurry and send it on it’s way, probably a bit shy of 18”.
Enough snow has melted you can see carcasses off side of road.
Big game hunting in that area is going to be a little rough in the next few years.
I run a disabled/Veteran Doe Deer hunt in the Coalville area thanks to the generosity of a local land owner and I doubt I will get any tags to gift this year.
I already had two disabled Vet’s lined up to take out and I’m afraid I will have to break their excited hearts this season…