Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek drive by
Took a quick drive to Deer Creek this afternoon. Water is up considerably from last fall and lots of open water north of the island. The launches are still iced, but it looks like it is coming off fairly quick. Warm week ahead - can't wait for open water launch.

[Image: IMG-0976.jpg]
North of the island looking across the lake

[Image: IMG-0975.jpg]
North of the island looking back at the island

[Image: IMG-0973.jpg]
Main marina ramp

[Image: IMG-0974.jpg]
Island state park looking west at the island
Thanks so much for the report and great pictures.

I wish all of the State Parks had web cams like Jordanelle so we could see what the conditions are like before we leave home.
Thanks for the report and pictures!
A we cam would be great but it gave Me an excuse to go for a Sunday drive.
Thanks John! You saved me some gas. I was just about to take a drive myself to assess things. Maybe the wind later this week will get things rocking and rolling and blow it off?
I did a Sunday drive today to see and it's basically ice free. One floe out of Rainbow bay that was shrinking before my very eyes. I can't see it lasting through the afternoon or a moderate breeze. The dam cove is still iced but it looks to be on it's last breath also. Both ramps are open and have plenty of water to launch. I counted at least 25 boat trailers in the lots.

[Image: 20230416-122122.jpg]

[Image: 20230416-122615.jpg]

[Image: 20230416-123328.jpg]
Thanks for the update and great pictures.

The tube is loaded and I'm going to head that way in the morning before the weather goes south. Smile