Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek open water
Fished for an hour or 2 this afternoon on the East side of the arm of the state park. Caught a couple nice rainbows and some moderate ones too. Missed a few as well. Enough to keep it interesting. The middle of the day. 2-4pm ish. Water was real murky from walsburg dumping in. All fish were caught in white jigs. Most edges around the south reservoir looked really soft, some of the bays on the west were opening up pretty good and the north lake is open. I’m guessing later this week all edges will be open but who knows??!! Nice to be out in the sun regardless. Congrats to the gent that pulled the 5-6 lb pig of a brown out of walsburg this afternoon, he showed me the pics and it was impressive!!
(04-11-2023, 12:09 AM)Fubarfishin Wrote: Fished for an hour or 2 this afternoon on the East side of the arm of the state park. Caught a couple nice rainbows and some moderate ones too. Missed a few as well. Enough to keep it interesting. The middle of the day. 2-4pm ish. Water was real murky from walsburg dumping in. All fish were caught in white jigs. Most edges around the south reservoir looked really soft, some of the bays on the west were opening up pretty good and the north lake is open. I’m guessing later this week all edges will be open but who knows??!! Nice to be out in the sun regardless. Congrats to the gent that pulled the 5-6 lb pig of a brown out of walsburg this afternoon, he showed me the pics and it was impressive!!

Thanks for the report, were you tipping your jigs with anything? Sounds like a nice brown that guy caught, did he say what he was using to catch it?
Going to get the boat ready for this weekend. Does anyone know if there is a lot of debris on the water at Deer Creek Reservoir?