Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
fished CJ Strike
Just got home I went  up alone.  Tue and Wed.

A lot of wind some times up to 25mph

stopped fishing today about 10;30 today   yesterday about 1:30
did OK even with the wind,   I think I'm getting to old to reel 7 and 8 ft. Sturgeon in. My back and knees  hurts.
and it takes to long to get them in.
So cant wait till I catch a 18 in. kokanee.
The bad thing about being alone is not getting any pictures.  

I think I got a picture of the way I put my bait on if anybody wants it I will find it 
going to get in and soak in a hot bath.
I got to say the way you go is impressive, congrats on some nice fish
I often thought about a trip to CJ Strike, but never made it. Went right by there back in 83' on my way to visit with family meeting up at Mountain Home AFB.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Hey Robert, im always open for a trip up there to catch one of those dino's. Hit me up on your next trip and dont go alone.
Sounds like a good trip Robert, I'd be interested in seeing how you put that bait on.
Not to steal your post but how hard is it to go have a successful sturgeon trip without being guided???
(04-17-2023, 01:09 AM)UTFISHING Wrote: Not to steal your post but how hard is it to go have a successful sturgeon trip without being guided???

I think we catch more than the guides  the bad things about the guides is they have messed the catching up for us
it has slowed down some since  they have started fishing there.
(04-17-2023, 01:09 AM)UTFISHING Wrote: Not to steal your post but how hard is it to go have a successful sturgeon trip without being guided???

That totally depends on how experienced you are in fishing for sturgeon.  If you don't have adequate equipment please don't fish for them.  If you are experienced all you need is for someone to tell you where to launch and what areas to avoid, because the water is dangerously shallow in some areas and in some other areas it is not only shallow but there are submerged lava rocks.  With all that said, the guides fish multiple times a week and they have the sturgeon dialed in on where they are located.
THANKS!!!
(04-13-2023, 12:05 AM)liketrolling Wrote: Just got home I went  up alone.  Tue and Wed.

A lot of wind some times up to 25mph

stopped fishing today about 10;30 today   yesterday about 1:30
did OK even with the wind,   I think I'm getting to old to reel 7 and 8 ft. Sturgeon in. My back and knees  hurts.
and it takes to long to get them in.
So cant wait till I catch a 18 in. kokanee.
The bad thing about being alone is not getting any pictures.  

I think I got a picture of the way I put my bait on if anybody wants it I will find it 
going to get in and soak in a hot bath.

Heading up on the 28th to fish sturgeon, My wife grew up in Grandview and we lived there for several years. I still make several trips up to the CJ. area hunting birds every fall.
(04-18-2023, 04:59 PM)liketrolling Wrote:

I think we catch more than the guides  the bad things about the guides is they have messed the catching up for us
it has slowed down some since  they have started fishing there.

The guides are just trying to make a living, I started fishing sturgeon there back in 1966, back then you could keep sturgeon i never did.