Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard South recon
I went out to Willard south on Tuesday for 2 main reasons. 1: Get a good recon of water depth and 2: The early season functional check of the boat. 

Water depths were noted as follows:  at the outside edge of the dock, 5 to 6 fow.  In the marina boat harbor 8-13 fow. In the channel 10-16 fow (in the middle)  Out the channel and off to the north-east from about 30 yards off the wall to about a mile out 7-15 fow.  

I didn't get all the way out into freeway bay, or anywhere west toward the island, but there were 6 or 8 other angler boats that looked to be either hunting Walleye, or casting along the rocks. 

Looks to me as if we should have a good water volume this year. I would guesstimate water level up to about 75% and the south inlet baffles were open about 50% with water level in the feed canal near Smith & Edwards about 2-3 feet from full. 

Water temps fluxuated from 48 to 50 with air temp 49 at launch and 55 when I left at 1100. 

[Image: 01-11-Apr-2023.jpg]

[Image: 02-11-Apr-2023.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thank you for the info.
Thank you for the update , I was wondering how the water level was doing.
Thanks for the recon. Did you fish at all?
(04-14-2023, 07:07 PM)oldguy Wrote: Thanks for the recon. Did you fish at all?

Yes, I drifted some bait awhile. No luck.

Cool
Thanks for the update.
(04-15-2023, 08:52 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

Does anyone see on the sonar, walleyes collecting along the dikes, or river inlet?
(04-15-2023, 10:54 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(04-15-2023, 08:52 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:

Does anyone see on the sonar, walleyes collecting along the dikes, or river inlet?

I marked alot of fish along the south wall in the feed lot area, about 10 yards off the rocks, but I couldn't say if they were walleye or not.

Cool
The walleye spawn I would guess is mostly over and the fake wiper spawn has started.

I marked a lot of fish at the mouth of South marina and also the mouth of north marina.

My guess most of the fish in South marina are catfish and wipers.

My guess on the north marina is wipers and a few crappie.

I would bet that the fishing will get better as the water temp moves above 60°

But that all being said its just a guess as there is better fisherman and women on here that could prove me wrong ? ? ?