Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho GH pics 2023
They just planted two week ago. In this pic it is hard to see the carrots but they are growing in that blank area by the drip irrigation line. In the other pic, the upper temp is inside the GH, temp went up to 115 after I took the pic.

[Image: Idaho-GH-4-22-23.jpg]

[Image: upper-temp-GH.jpg]
Nice, definitely need a greenhouse to get things started this year.
(04-23-2023, 06:32 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, definitely need a greenhouse to get things started this year.

Thanks, they extended the height of their grow boxes this year in the GH, so they don't have to bend over as far to weed or pick their garden, I'll see if they will send me a pic of their new box. They were saying it has been pretty cold up there so far this year, so the GH does make a huge difference.
Yea, from 70 and sunny to 32 and snow overnight, weathers been crazy this spring.
Here are the pics of the Grow Box extensions, looks like they haven't got them all weeded yet.

[Image: LH-GB.jpg]

[Image: RH-GB.jpg]
(04-24-2023, 12:46 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Here are the pics of the Grow Box extensions, looks like they haven't got them all weeded yet.

[Image: LH-GB.jpg]

[Image: RH-GB.jpg]
Are those sides now about 24 inches high? It looks like both boards might be about 12 in each. That's about as high as we make ours. Its a really nice height for harvesting or weeding. 

It's always amazing how warm it can be inside a greenhouse compared to the outside temps. We'll be getting ours beds all prepped although we aren't going to risk setting our plants in it as we are not wanting to run a heater at night.
I think your right about the height on the GH boxes but these outside boxes are higher because they are placed the boxes on the cement blocks.

[Image: outside-GB.jpg]

They even put up and arch between the boxes for vines to grow up on.

[Image: GB-with-arch.jpg]
Wow, it was amazing how much the weeds grew since I was up there a few weeks ago. This first pic is how it looked when we got there, really hard to believe it could grow that quick.

[Image: before-weeding.jpg]

The rest of those pics are what it looked like before we left 

[Image: Idaho-GH-watermelon-cantaloupe.jpg]

[Image: Idaho-gh.jpg]
cantaloupe and watermelon

[Image: Idaho-GH-kale-on-left-carrots-right.jpg]
kale & carrots

[Image: tomatoes.jpg]

tomatoes, planted from seed