Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 4-27
Hit Deer Creek this morning for a few hours. The fishing was good but I would not say red hot. The majority of the fish caught were rainbows in the 15-17 inch range with a couple bigger. We were trolling dodgers with wedding rings or squids tipped with gulp maggots. We also found success with several flicker shads. Our trolling speed was 1.5-1.7 mph.
What was your depth? I fished DC a couple days ago and found most my fish in 45 to 60 feet of water.
Did you mark fish on the bottom? I had a hard time finding walleye.
We were right around 50 feet with most fish coming from the top of the water column. I had down riggers and never needed to use them.
(04-28-2023, 01:08 AM)Sbg89 Wrote: Hit Deer Creek this morning for a few hours. The fishing was good but I would not say red hot. The majority of the fish caught were rainbows in the 15-17 inch range with a couple bigger. We were trolling dodgers with wedding rings or squids tipped with gulp maggots. We also found success with several flicker shads. Our trolling speed was 1.5-1.7 mph.

Sounds like a decent day, what color gulp maggots were you using?
We used pink.
(04-28-2023, 01:08 AM)Sbg89 Wrote: Hit Deer Creek this morning for a few hours. The fishing was good but I would not say red hot. The majority of the fish caught were rainbows in the 15-17 inch range with a couple bigger. We were trolling dodgers with wedding rings or squids tipped with gulp maggots. We also found success with several flicker shads. Our trolling speed was 1.5-1.7 mph.
I also hit Deer Creek Thursday lots of boats out for a weekday. Had two in the box before
getting a second rod in the water. Flasher with squid or wedding ring tipped with worm out 110ft 3oz snap weight goes on then out another 30 or 40. End result was presentation was probably down 15 ft speed was 1mph. Left at noon without getting a bite for the last 3 hours. Boated 6 fish early and left with only two quality fish in the box. Everyone i talked to said it was a slow day for them as well. Did see a Moose walk right across the ramp and hang out on the slope below the parking lot for some time.