Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Strawberry reports from this week?
Hoping for one last ice fishing trip to Strawberry this Sat.  Wondering if there are any reports on the ice safety, etc.  Last I went up, things were fine, but it was a bit colder.  Any reports would be appreciated!  I will be taking up a friend for his first trip out and don't want it to be his last!!!
Drilled about 2.5'-3'. Getting on was easy, getting off, well more wet. Catching wasn't super, 20 for me, 14 for my friend. Many lookers but not biting. Will likely be my last week ice fishing this season! Sunny and hot!
(04-30-2023, 03:19 AM)icerman Wrote: Drilled about 2.5'-3'.  Getting on was easy, getting off, well more wet.  Catching wasn't super, 20 for me, 14 for my friend.  Many lookers but not biting.  Will likely be my last week ice fishing this season!  Sunny and hot!

Thanks for the report, was it wet getting off because it got slushy or were the edges wet because they thawed out?
Breaking through the snow mainly and into the slush/water on the edge.  Walking on the ice was fine.  Getting off, one would break through the first layer into the water just above the ice.
Don't throw in the towel yet. You've made it this far, might as well squeeze one more trip in. Then you can tell the story of the year you ice fished Strawberry all the way into May.
Sounds like snow shoes would have really helped you out.