Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Deer Creek Report
If you want to catch lots of feisty fat Rainbows, now is the time to do it at Deer Creek. I caught 40+ 12-18” Rainbows with a 16” average today. I got them on my Kokanee gear going 1.5-1.7mph in Rainbow Bay, using my down riggers, down 5’ and 8’ with 100’ set backs.  I tipped my hooks with night crawler or gulp maggots both worked equally well. I’m pretty sure you could catch them trolling anything right now. Lots of boats out there today.
(04-29-2023, 02:49 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: If you want to catch lots of feisty fat Rainbows, now is the time to do it at Deer Creek. I caught 40+ 12-18” Rainbows with a 16” average today. I got them on my Kokanee gear going 1.5-1.7mph in Rainbow Bay, using my down riggers, down 5’ and 8’ with 100’ set backs.  I tipped my hooks with night crawler or gulp maggots both worked equally well. I’m pretty sure you could catch them trolling anything right now. Lots of boats out there today.

Great report Shawn, sounds like DC is on fire. Did you launch at the Island ramp again?
(04-29-2023, 05:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 02:49 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: If you want to catch lots of feisty fat Rainbows, now is the time to do it at Deer Creek. I caught 40+ 12-18” Rainbows with a 16” average today. I got them on my Kokanee gear going 1.5-1.7mph in Rainbow Bay, using my down riggers, down 5’ and 8’ with 100’ set backs.  I tipped my hooks with night crawler or gulp maggots both worked equally well. I’m pretty sure you could catch them trolling anything right now. Lots of boats out there today.

Great report Shawn, sounds like DC is on fire. Did you launch at the Island ramp again?

No main marina didn’t want to get my feet wet again.
you must be why there was so many boats there today
shrimp worked good for me.