Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well at least its a report
Cookie and I were out wandering today. Plan was to make our first run at cats at willard on the south dike, but Cookie wanted to check the north marina for Crappie and Cat activity. So we did - and there weren't none - for us at least. Carp did a little dancing but not to wild on love juice yet. I left my chirp at the truck so did not get a water temp. 

Our cat bait was pretty old and showing some frezzer burn so we opted to run back and grab Buckwheat and go rustle up some new bait. But alas the spot that normally gets the bait bucket full was lacking any sign of chubs at all.

On the way back we discussed hitting Rockport for a minute but we might actually catch somthing there and who wants to break a perfectly good skunk. So we came home to look over the garden.

That seemed like a lot of work, so I opted to type a fishing report instead.

There you have it. Our first spring adventure 

I think its a Flaming Gorge run next week but I need to verify ice off in our spot first

Sure was a nice day to wander. 

Oh and cookie just slept - photo for proof
[Image: 20230429-093658.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Cookie is in the“I don’t care mode” absorbing the spring warmth vitamin D  Tongue
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(04-30-2023, 12:14 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Cookie and I were out wandering today. Plan was to make our first run at cats at willard on the south dike, but Cookie wanted to check the north marina for Crappie and Cat activity. So we did - and there weren't none - for us at least. Carp did a little dancing but not to wild on love juice yet. I left my chirp at the truck so did not get a water temp. 

Our cat bait was pretty old and showing some frezzer burn so we opted to run back and grab Buckwheat and go rustle up some new bait. But alas the spot that normally gets the bait bucket full was lacking any sign of chubs at all.

On the way back we discussed hitting Rockport for a minute but we might actually catch somthing there and who wants to break a perfectly good skunk. So we came home to look over the garden.

That seemed like a lot of work, so I opted to type a fishing report instead.

There you have it. Our first spring adventure 

I think its a Flaming Gorge run next week but I need to verify ice off in our spot first

Sure was a nice day to wander. 

Oh and cookie just slept - photo for proof

Too bad the catching wasn't happening but it looks like cookie got a nap out of the deal. Hope your Gorge trip goes better.
Sun sure felt good at first anyway, my ears are telling me they got too much of a good thing though... Going to have to get a cowboy hat to save my neck and ears, they aren't used to seeing this much sunshine... Glad you guys got out and enjoyed the day... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!